ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Prices....

Ph 1 172
A crappy phase 1 seems to be dirt cheap now days, Which is the problem as they then fall into the hands of the chavs. I'll be keeping mine till the day it properly goes bang, it had its Cambelt and what not done at mark fish 18months ago, but unfortunate I lost all my service history do it looks like its not been looked after, so probably only worth about £750... Its worth more to me in sentimental value than £££. To be honest the day I decide to get rid or it goes bang ill lock it in a garage and sell it as parts probably worth more that way

I might be getting my first Clio in a P/x with my leon cupra R

Ph1 Clio 172

12 months MOT + 6 months tax today
New battery/starter motor just fitted and a few other little bits
All belts done at 112K - Current mileage is 119K
FSH - Rebuilt Gearbox 3K miles ago and clutch and driveshafts done at same time

Mods include:
Induction Kit
Mild cams
Matched inlets
magnacor leads and platinum tipped plugs
Gaz coilovers with new rear platforms???
phase 2 rear lights and cup 2 spoiler
Sparco steering wheel
Skoda Fabia front splitter
KTEC remap
Full exhaust system with de cat and stealth back box

all worked carried out by KTEC

Its black and from the photos the interior/exterior looks proper mint!

How much would you Ph1 lovers say its worth?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
PX that for about 1k its been to the moon so irrespective of condition or mods the mileage sets the price.

S

Ph1 Clio 172

Mods include:
Induction Kit
Mild cams
Matched inlets
Sparco steering wheel
KTEC remap

Paid £1300 for my first flamer, cost me £450 to get it mint. I then spent a few £ turning into a car that was nice to drive on track.

Paid £1000 for my titanium, at the same time i was breaking another car and built it to a decent spec. It owes me very little money and is currently ruined, I dont want to fix it tbh as I cant bare to spend the money on it. In fact Id rather buy another clio as to me spending money on this one will be endless.

PH2 dash is a piece of piss, done it in both of mine and would happily do it again. It isnt even hard work.

Only ph1 I would own now is a flamer, time will tell...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
As I understand your getting it in PX so why would you pay more.

Max out of that car with selling the mods is ~ £1400

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
ill have another one for sure. great little cars. and for the money they are hard to beat.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much Chi if you don't mind me asking. PM if needed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah seen that. 3 owners, belts aparantly have been done by a local garage but no receipt. Looks tidy though. What do you think that's worth on face value?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I love mine but it isn't mint. Not including modifying it, it will need a decent wedge to get it mint. However it does have lowish miles and is in decent condition for a 13yr old car.

Ph1 interior is gash. 182 interior and dash was one of the first things I did to mine. Cheap ones will need money spending on them IMO.

SQ5
I've paid between £800 and £2500 for them in different specs.

Mileage is the killer with price but not many realise they actually feel so much better with over 100k on them!

I've had 7 ph1's I think now and cannot wait until I've got the money for an 8th.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I want a titanium/black/sunflower with cams and jms or itbs. Ph2 dash conversion, cup spoiler and ph2 rear lights. Not many being sold in those specs so would cost a fortune to go it. So won't be bothering.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Robs old ph1 was pretty much perfect bar engine spec. The ph1 dash is properly offensive lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You get used to it tbh. Although it's not a major job so it can be swapped over back to the original within a few hours.

Its a shame that parts are becoming rarer for them now if you need replacements. Silly little things like gear knobs and 2.0 badges, which are prone to get scuffed aren't available anymore :(

Inferno 225 cup
I'm Always open to negotiation, I've just sent another £500 just on wheels and spray jobs, yes I'm like that but as of late a Megane is tempting me.....again.

Plus this has 197 cams ready ro fitty. ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm Always open to negotiation, I've just sent another £500 just on wheels and spray jobs, yes I'm like that but as of late a Megane is tempting me.....again.

What's the spec of yours mate? PM if you prefer.

330i. E30 Touring.
Mileage is the killer with price but not many realise they actually feel so much better with over 100k on them!

Really couldn't agree more. As long as they're looked after right, I think they pull much better at 100k+

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'm going to agree with the above, my Trophy engine was on 187k and went shockingly well in my opinion.
took the black Ph1 out today, on 163k again I was shocked at how well and lively the engine felt, much more so than the other half's old 182 cup on 80k

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm always confused at the comments per the dash, who actually buys a Renault for the interior quality??!?!

Putting a Phase 2 dash in one would actually put me off buying one with it done, i think it looks pretty retro TBH.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm always confused at the comments per the dash, who actually buys a Renault for the interior quality??!?!

Putting a Phase 2 dash in one would actually put me off buying one with it done, i think it looks pretty retro TBH.

This man speaks sense.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
I want a titanium/black/sunflower with cams and jms or itbs. Ph2 dash conversion, cup spoiler and ph2 rear lights. Not many being sold in those specs so would cost a fortune to go it. So won't be bothering.

Mines not far off this spec... Just not got the Ph2 dash and rear lights... Mines only got 49k on it as well :)

I'm the same, I would be tempted to sell at the right price but I'm not going to be putting it up for sale any time soon.

Peugeot 308

Ph1 Clio 172

Mods include:
Induction Kit
Mild cams
Matched inlets
Sparco steering wheel
KTEC remap

Sounds suspiciously familiar. Got any pics of it? I'm guessing its my old car tbh.

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
In Late july last year i bought my 53 plate 172 with only 24000 mls on it! Cost £2650.00 but certainly worth it car is immaculate! The guy that owned it previously looked after it and did'nt drive it much hence the very low miles for a 10 yr old car. Btw it's a joy to drive! Certainly the best impulse buy ever!!!