ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 seats into a 1.2 5 door?

Renault Clio 1.2
Hi everyone,
quick question really, does anyone know if you can swap ph1 172 interior into a ph2 1.2 5 door??
if so isit a straight swap?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

Maybe you could get the same colour door cars and get alcantara fabricated so it will look the same as Renault sport interior.

Only option for door cards.

Clio 172 ph1, Clio 5
I'll be starting tomorrow a same kind of swap (Ph1 3dr RS seats to Ph2 5dr Expression)

Should be easy to fit.

Just change over the pre-tensioners(seat belt part) from your seats to the new seats so no need to solder or sort out the connectors.

And if don't already have 60/40 split rear seats the hinge that the seats pivot upon are there just under carpet and you'll need to cut a slot for the extra 2 slots.

Can take pics as I've done this but I have 3 door so the interior is the same minus the door cards.

Renault Clio 1.2
Oh okay okay sounds fairly easy then but yeah I have 60/40 split seats too so should be okay then I'd like a pic or too aswell tho please mate:eek:

I'll go and get a few pics on the pre-tensioners as they are and the connectors,

If you get the seats with the runners too that's a good thing as you can undo the connector from under the seat then

Swap the seats, by removing the 4 13mm bolts from under the car.

Swap the pre-tensioners route the wire from that to under the seat and connect up. Bingo.

RenaultSport 172
Bradderz you can have my Phase 1 172 seats front and back for £50 if you collect from Essex?
I put a thread on here with pics if you want to search. Not the best condition but probably not the worst either

Renault Clio 1.2
ah sorry mate think ive got some in line already but 50pound does sound like a bargain mate gotta admit so ill keep you posted if the other set falls through :)

Clio 172 ph1, Clio 5
Yesterday I changed the rear seat which was very easy to do. The hardest part was to remove the isofix-bar and the middle bolt from the backrest hinge. You have to carefully open them and spray some penetrating oil to the threads because the threads are fully exposed in underside of the car so they might be rusty.

Passenger seat was relatively easy to swap, I changed the seat belt pretensioner because the connectors are different in Ph.1 and Ph.2. I also had heated seats in Ph.2 seats but not in Ph.1 so I had to cut the wires from the same connector which has the seat belt pretensioner cables, not a big deal. The side airbag connectors are totally different so I had to cut the connector from my Ph.2 seat and solder it to the Ph.1 seat harness. Then I noticed that 3dr seat rails do not move back and forth as much as 5dr rails so I swap the rails (only five lugnuts) from my old seat and disconnected the cable which allows rear seat access in 3dr cars.

Driver's seat I couldn't swap just yet, because I need to make a hole in seat's frame for the seat position sensor which is in my Ph.2 seat but not in Ph.1 seat. I will take the seat to a friend of mine which has the proper tools to make the hole. Then I can install my 5dr seat rail also to the driver's seat.

So for me, they were not plug-and-play install but when I'm finished the extra work will be totally worth it.

2012-08-04-362s.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2
ah thats looking great i must admit mate deffinatly going to have to try this now seems like a fairly plausable job but then knowing me ill probs **** something up haha cheers for keeping us updated :D

Clio 172 ph1, Clio 5
Here's a picture of the driver seat's frame and the hole which had to be cut out for the seat position sensor

penkin_runko.jpg

But all of the seats are now installed and I'm very happy with the results:

2012-08-06-385s.jpg

2012-08-06-386s.jpg

2012-08-06-387s.jpg

I also fixed the alcantara parts with a machine that removes lint from clothes:

alcantara2.jpg

As you can see, the leather is a bit damaged but I'll contact Furniture Clinic and order some chemicals to repair those.