ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 std shocks leaking

02' PH1 172
Went on a nice long weekend roadtrip/camping mission. arrive at the camping spot, check out my car, notice that there is oil all over the inside of the front left wheel well and a pool of oil collected on the inside of my rim. One of the damn seals on the shocks decided to give up, so now the shock has no oil in it :(

Are the std shocks anything special, like what are they actually??(name wise)
I checked on a forum down here for clio's and the ppl there say that the shock isnt available at normal places and the only ppl to get them from are the agents< WHICH REALLY SUX
please can someone shed some light on the subject for me
thanks
rory

Oh, and a nother thing that happened is that those plastic bits under the front of the car came loose on the one side and my tire ate it. Its that little air vent thing that channels air to the tires, its it important to have all these plastic things in place???

Chocolate Bar™
few different manufacturers for the shocks. can go aftermarket to people like koni / bilstein. i think monroe make OE replacement ones which are normally available for the same price as renault ones.

02' PH1 172
anyone know what the model name is for the monroe OE shocks?
no one here in SA can seem to help me.