ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 and ph2 engine the same?

Racing blue 182
Exactly the same fitting too? I've got a 52 plate with climate control which needs a new engine and I've been offered a engine out of a ph1 sport

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ph1 has bigger inlet valves and has a cable throttle body, id imagine you could use the fly by wire body on it but not sure if you would need the ph2 inlet manifold too, not sure if there is any other differences, but you can run them anyway i know a few doing it

Racing blue 182
Oh it's only a bare engine I've been offered out of the ph1, I'm prob best getting another ph2 engine then I suppose?

Lionel Richie
IMG-20110330-00062.jpg

maybe not 30%, but its still a big difference!

ITB'd MK1
they're not technically 30% bigger, that would be incredibly difficult to quantify, they have 30% better flow. I was there when they testing was done years ago ;)

Astra coupe t, nova
Wow that is a fair difference. I hope the gasket I've ordered is the right one, if not i'll be using the old one.