ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 - Back to life and new OZ F1 16" wheels

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Some people may call me mental having just spent £2.3k on a brand new head after one of the auxilary belts went. Anyway it's back to life to fight another day.
Newly fitted with Genuine renault OZ F1's 16" shod with brand new PE2's (The 205 ones). Have been running on 17"'s the ride is so much better.
Hope you like, Comments welcome.

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00835-1.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00535-1.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00806.gif

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00833-1.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00827-1.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00836-1.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How about a RS ph2 rear bumper?

Car looks great.

Have you had modifications to the head when it was being rebuilt? Gas flowed or anything?

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers for the comments. The new head is standard, shame eally I missed a bit of a chance whilst it was off. The Trophy spoiler looks a lot better in real life I luv it. I prefer the standard Ph1 rear bumper on a Ph1. I'm even thinking about putting the original rear lights back on and the black side strips The older it gets the more I like it looking original.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Perfect! Don't use the Ph2 bumper, Ph1 looks much better... I wish I had kept mine more original.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ph1 rear bumpers look 1000% better than a phase 2. Phase 2 just doesn't match the front! :S

I love the car though, looks lovely! :D

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
looking good chris. Very nice ph1. Shame my old cup splitter met its end by a rabbit!

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers, that was only the first blow....It finally met it's end by the AA man towing it.

120d M-Sport
Mint!! Love the way it looks! :D

If you do want to go back to original and fancy making a deal with the door strips then feel free to PM me ;)

Iceberg Ph1
That looks mint mate, loving it! How much you lowered by?

I got a set of 17'' F1's aswell as the original 15's. I know what you mean by it feeling a lot nicer with a smaller set of wheels, Them 16's though look perfect

S23

The Cleee-O
Nice, smart sport their. And I really like the spoiler, and the F1's look spot on! Awesome stuff :D

320d
I like it. I'd stick the ph1 black rub strips back on though. I've left mine on alone with the black door handles. The ph2 rub strips and CC door handles soften then look of the car imo.

Looks in top condition though. 2.3K is a lot for a head, if mine went i'd have just got a second hand engine.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Mint!! Love the way it looks! :D

If you do want to go back to original and fancy making a deal with the door strips then feel free to PM me ;)

Cheers, I've still got my original ones. Thanks for the offer tho'

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I like it. I'd stick the ph1 black rub strips back on though. I've left mine on alone with the black door handles. The ph2 rub strips and CC door handles soften then look of the car imo.

Looks in top condition though. 2.3K is a lot for a head, if mine went i'd have just got a second hand engine.

I know what you mean by softening the look, the CC does make it look a bit more modern but as it's getting to nearly 10 years old I think I prefer the older look...........a modern classic.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
looks lovely. you do need the original ph1 rear lights on though...

spoiler looks cool

I've still got the standard rear lights. I'd try them again if it wasn't for the ball ache of the changing wiring.

Clio 172 RS2
16" FTW! Best of both worlds... (15" / 17")

The Renault spec. O.Z.'s have a 'extra lip' over the regular O.Z. F1's.

IMG_0152.jpg