ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 cat - Tricks, Tips & Hints .. ?

Octavia vRS tfsi
My silenced de-cat has arrived for the ph1 and I'm looking to get it on asap. I have previously with help, working off the ground, polybushed the ARB and it broke my heart. Another day had us both under the looking to fit a manifold/cat fitting kit. Getting access to that flange from below looks nigh on impossible with man hands. Likewise, working from above is again completely blind as you have to reach down in over the engine.

Are there any tricks, tips & hints that I should specifically employ prior to tackling this again? At the moment I haven't access to a lift ...

Ian

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its a c**t, get a garage with a 4 post ramp etc to do it, then await them to swear at your coz its a s**t of a job.

Bumder With A Buffer
Indeed...Just over £60 to fit mine on my Phase 2.

:(

If ould get it on the ramps here at work id do it myself mind...but my boss has his bloody Tnagia or whatever the f**k it is on there..been on there for 3 months now! grrrr

PH1 172 Sport
IMO its quite easy to do if theres two of you. One under the car with a long extension and one in the engine bay holding the other end of the bolt. Ive got quite big hands and its quite fidely but its really not too bad.

320d
I'm going to get my 11 year old brother to help me with mine. Small hands ftw. Although I need to get a decat 1st.

ITB'd MK1
IMO its quite easy to do if theres two of you. One under the car with a long extension and one in the engine bay holding the other end of the bolt. Ive got quite big hands and its quite fidely but its really not too bad.

do this. It's still a tosser for the person underneath though

Octavia vRS tfsi
This stuff is worth its weight in gold, keep them coming. So far we have ..
1) Make sure someone else is underneath
2) Give them a good lamp
3) Give them a long extension
4) Tell them to take the lambda's out in place

Ph1
I'm going to get my 11 year old brother to help me with mine. Small hands ftw. Although I need to get a decat 1st.

He's going to scream like a baby piglet if you show any tension down the opposite end of the bolt shaft. :rasp:

You need a chick with big muscles :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Remove the upper half of the inlet manifold, makes life more fun for the person on top as they can hold the springs/washers on while you put it all back together, get ready for tears if its your first time ;)

Octavia vRS tfsi
Ugh, the more I read about this job the less I want to do it ! Then again, I struggled through polybushing the ARB and survived!

Octavia vRS tfsi
Got it on! Taking it off was fairly straightforward. One of the lambda's was stuck in place so took a bit of work to get that out. Refitting and getting the nut on while compressing the spring was a pain in the arse though.

Don't find it much, if any, louder than it was with just the cat-back on!