ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 'Exclusive' Budget Track Car

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Returned to its temporary home for the interior rebuild
IMG_20190131_165115.jpg
IMG_20190131_165121.jpg

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Awesome car.
How come your getting rid anyway ?
I haven't actually made any decisions to get rid, but I'm about to lose my current storage for it, don't have time to build a garage at my place currently and have even less time for working on it or using it 🙈

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I haven't actually made any decisions to get rid, but I'm about to lose my current storage for it, don't have time to build a garage at my place currently and have even less time for working on it or using it 🙈

Know the feeling, about time anyway lol.
s**t news about storage etc but I’m sure something will pop up. Way to good to get rid

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Gary, I have never seen this thread and didn't even know this car existed/you owned it... somehow.
Lovely build mate. Seems such a shame for it to be sold off now, hopefully it doesn't come to that

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Gary, I have never seen this thread and didn't even know this car existed/you owned it... somehow.
Lovely build mate. Seems such a shame for it to be sold off now, hopefully it doesn't come to that
You've had a busy couple of days reading through it 😂
Fingers crossed it doesn;t, but I'm sure it'll work itself out one way or another

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
fdab0ebd7549d7f4c677d421748ee51d.jpg

6db76bf55db735cba64b6aef40c38e9d.jpg

Actual proof that things are happening. All be it slowly we are getting there. No thanks to myself as I understand approximately 20% of this job. Feeding Garry and John.

Starter motor is causing issues at the moment. Going to try a new one and a new battery as that makes sense.

Still a fair bit of money to be spent before it’s anywhere near ready for the road/track but as soon as it fires up I’ll be keen as mustard to start throwing money at it [emoji51][emoji23]

Done a few other bits and pieces. Changed the trs ultralite harness for a schroth one that I had from another car.

Sourced a pms Sachs paddle clutch that’ll be getting fitted once it’s up and running.
I’ll probably do the timing belt at this point also. Previously the ecu was mapped for grpN timing so I might go back to that if I think it’ll help things later.

See you in the winter [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
2452bfaa284e3ca92b02839c2827ea5e.jpg

Small update.

Pushed it back inside again. Cleaned most of it. The amount of fallout and crap on the paint was insane.
Going to spend a day or two giving it a quick polish up but the paints not the best so I’m not expecting miracles.

Debating whether to ceramic coat it or not as the time consuming part will be done. Seems daft for a car that’s not driving at the moment but makes cleaning it easier I guess.

This bit of clay was under 1/4 of the roofs worth. Had to head for some chemicals again before using clay to prevent it ruining the roof further.
62104b6f38c2be2d7c7b1e6b3394fa4f.jpg

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
All done. Had a day of wiring with Garry and John again and had a fair bit of bother getting the laptops to speak to the Omex.
Eventually got there but we hit stumbling blocks with the car not sparking or firing injectors when turning over.

Going to have a look at the crank sensor when the new plug arrives and see if the polarity was wrong.

Failing that it’ll be a match in the tank [emoji23]

78a284afb927d8d0390b20fcf4e9e33e.jpg

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Looking great. Back on track soon then :)

I’ll focus on the road first haha.

Had a quick look at potential problems with the Ecu just 5 mins ago but made no progress.

I’ll probably phone omex tomorrow. See if they can advise

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Looks stunning.
It seems it has been the time for polishing PH1's recently

Don’t get me wrong, this is still really bad.
I’ve just removed most swirls currently. I’ve not really got the time/motivation to chase out the deep marks.

It’s going to be ruined further when it’s on the road/track and I’m very mindful of this haha

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
06ef9fda7a11973ca5aa53ca19c330df.jpg

Maven dual port bulkhead connector. £300 I’ll never see again. At least it’s a good bit of kit and seems to
Be going together well enough. Famous last words.

Really nearing completion with a lot of the loom now. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

31f10e65fd34916554391c9d922247df.jpg

Another still got the engine side to finish and taping up etc to do. Dash settings to sort.
Fuel sender to sort out.

Then it’ll be time to get the engine and box out, new clutch in, belts done, some powder coating on wheels, paint the bonnet and bumper. Some fab work I want done.

Still keen for it to be out this year tho!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Awesome work. Be good to get a track day done this year together some where half way. Maybe just a dream 😂