ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 fueling for 182 turbo advantages?

clio 182
hi
im having problems with my fueling on my 182 turbo and ended up buying a new ph1 setup from a renault parts place and a high pressure walbro pump following most peoples advice. i was just wondering how and why the ph1 setup is better than the in-tank setup on the 182. just interested in what makes it a better setup.

​cheers

Trophy Turbo :)
The phase 1 has no real advantage over a phase 2 unit. Apart from a early phase 1 has a return line.

The later phase 1 and phase 2 both have no return and both have a inbuilt fuel filter in the sender and both a internal pressure regulator.

The phase 2 is easy to get rid of the regulator and add a return.

Using a phase 1 sender will make the fuel gauage NOT read correctly in a phase 2.

You idealy need a rising rate reg fitted as eell if you fit a phase 1 pump.

HBT 172 Cup
More even pressure fuel pressure across all cylinders (stops cyclinder closes to gearbox from leaning out on higher boost applications, which i believe some tuned meg 225's suffer from, same as corsa VXR's too). Im using a ph2 housing, but in a way that the return line just dumps fuel through the lid back into the tank.

Im getting issues with fuel surge (quite a few others do too it seems), on anythign below half tank. So will be modifying the housing so the reutrn line feeds directly into the units mini swirl tank so it should be contstantly topped up and unable to starve itself of fuel. Don't know if it will work, but worth a try.

HBT 172 Cup
Oh and my only real concern of the above setup is the fuel that is dumped into the OE swirl pot will be drawn back into the pump straight away on a continous loop until its actually used by the injector meaning the same fuel will see many cycles to the engine and back and through the pump, which will build up heat which isnt good (to what extent i dont know?). So maybe a fuel cooler needed, but is probably overkill.