ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 funeral!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
So.......
Following a minor incident last week, the accident assessor has just said to me it is more than likely going to get written off.
Hoping to buy it back from the insurance.
So could be many many parts for sale.
Unless someone wants the whole thing!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
ute2uva8.jpg
y9ure6ar.jpg

Really hard to picture.
But has also mis-shaped that whole rear quarter. Not awfully. But enough. Nice crease under bump strip.
Will get some more photos up when it's light

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
FFs, that's not even that bad, I've seen worse damage than that :(

I had some tit do that to mine , and allot worse

Get it back and have it pulled and fixed :)

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I'm honestly thinking about getting rid of it, or breaking it. Spend an absolute fortune on it. Got it to a good stage. Then this happened. Just can't keep throwing money at it :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Perfect track candidate, that !!

As long as it still drives in a straight line - wouldn't even worry about it.

Strip it and get on with it.

Man up ;)

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Got a bigger crease in the rear quarter in mine and it's been there over 2 years
Might get it fixed one day but I'm not too fussed

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Can only afford to run a daily at the moment. And this has been my daily.
Wheel catches the arch on fast dips in road. So not ideal.

Mec 350 slk manual
So.......
Following a minor incident last week, the accident assessor has just said to me it is more than likely going to get written off.
Hoping to buy it back from the insurance.
So could be many many parts for sale.
Unless someone wants the whole thing!
Sorry to here that , mine got hit and had a new bonnet & wing & headlight plus painting with the bumper and got the go ahead at the cost to the other persons insurance £1100 , how much did they say the value of the repair would cost.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Assessor reckons that the crease won't pull. So said would need a new panel cutting in.
Big work. He said looking at least £1800. On a £2k car. The insurance won't bother

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Piece of wood inbetween the tyre and damage and lever it out a bit to stop it fouling.
Or whip the wheel off and get a hammer on it

Mec 350 slk manual
Assessor reckons that the crease won't pull. So said would need a new panel cutting in.
Big work. He said looking at least £1800. On a £2k car. The insurance won't bother
Are you on the look out for another when you get paid out

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Probably going to move on to something else Martin.
Need something a bit more sensible now I'm driving more. This was ok when I was doing minimal miles.
Pauleds.
I'm a bit of a finicky fucker. If it wasn't spot on I wouldn't be happy with it

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Probably going to move on to something else Martin.
Need something a bit more sensible now I'm driving more. This was ok when I was doing minimal miles.
Pauleds.
I'm a bit of a finicky fucker. If it wasn't spot on I wouldn't be happy with it

Sounds like a diesel is on its way then!

Think you will get more back if you get a payout then buy it back and sell it on, so many would just use that as it is so would still get reasonable money for it as it is

Ph1 172 (titanium)
That was going to be the plan if it's written off!
Get the pay out, buy it back.
Then see what someone would be willing to pay for the whole car. If it wasn't enough. I was going to break it. Know what it's worth in parts roughly.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Fair enough if it's on a track car.
But it was my daily. And I was pleased with how clean it was.
Could be the perfect track car for someone else.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy it back (£200?)

Get your £1300 insurance payout.

Borrow a ratchet strap and pull it out yourself against a big van/lamppost

Drive car as is.

When you can be bothered, Spend £300 getting it repaired to an acceptable standard; You've done the hard work by pulling it out.

Keep £1000 for a rainy day.

A thank ya.

clio dci , ren8
Wish I could get half of the £1800 Quote for doing this , would be a massive earner & for that price you could even put on a new rear quarter panel :) Were the hell do these insurance clowns get there quotes from ?

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Wish I could get half of the £1800 Quote for doing this , would be a massive earner & for that price you could even put on a new rear quarter panel :) Were the hell do these insurance clowns get there quotes from ?

That's what they were saying about doing.
Said the crease would not pull properly, so would require new panel

Our panel beater would have that fixed in else than a day, he may even be interested in the car if it's the right price.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I will see what happens when the insurance get back to me, could even be worth my while moving it on!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
So, car is a cat C write off.
I've not had much luck with this car, so I'm getting rid either way.
Don't know if someone wants to offer me something for the whole car.
If I don't sell it. It shall be broken. Worth plenty in bits.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Unlucky mate. If I were you I'd be tempted to see what a few places would charge to fix it - might not be as expensive as you think. Seems you are pretty set on selling though. What have you got lined up next?

I was just going to reply saying that's likely to be a Cat C.

I took in a Cat C 306 last month to break - Was about the same sort of damge as that. Reason for it being a C over a D was the wheel catching it. I pulled it with my hands and tbh, I had people stood next to it wondering what was actually wrong with it until I pointed it out.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
It doesn't catch the wheel or anything. Been driving it not problem.
Yea pretty set on getting rid. Don't know what I will get next. May be back one day when I have a bit more time on my hands. I'm not interested in getting it sorted. Ploughed too much money into it already.