ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 handbrake fail !

Focus ST
Pulled up at work this morning, pulled the handbrake on - BANG!

Lifted up in my hand, clicked in as usual but it looks like something on the bottom of the handbrake itself has snapped?

I'll get a pic later, any help?!

172 cup
Last one I did was on a megan coupe all work on same principle cost £16 from factors, about half hour to fit give or take. Easy job, just awkward working on floor and under car

DMS

A thirsty 172
They're not majorly expensive. As Riley said, they're about £15 - £30 depending on the car. I've never fitted one myself and I wouldn't like to in this weather so personally I'd be paying someone else to do it. If you do that you might be looking at about £60 altogether if your mechanic knows what he's doing.

TTRS & V50
Blame all them handbrake turns in the snow.

ijoke.

Not more than 50 all in. Depends how handy you are with zee spanned in this weather.

Focus ST
Cousin is a mechanic, i'll give my main man Andyrg a shout... he'll be able to do it for a few beer tokens :D

Clio 182
ya'll need the official renault one £50 it just cost me, none of the others fit...

trust me, well unless ya wanna engineer a solution but i couldn't be bothered!

Oh yeah and it might have to come from france, I was lucky to get mine within a week heard of people waiting upto a month!

Pug 205 gti
ya'll need the official renault one £50 it just cost me, none of the others fit...

Oh yeah and it might have to come from france, I was lucky to get mine within a week heard of people waiting upto a month!

the one's i got were fine, fitted well

Clio 172

I had same problem, The motor factor cables where shite fit any way. £59 from Renault and 30 mins to fit, Remove heat shield-slacken cable adjuster-remove old cables-fit new ones-adjust cables-refit heatshield= Done!

Focus ST
remove, fit, cables, heatshield.... *head explodes*

i work behind a monitor all day ffs, give me a spanner and i'll write the car off within minutes!

i need somebody clued up to have a look at it for me

Focus ST
BUT... what f it's just something fubar'd at the lever end, there was a shiney piece of metal iirc. like i ripped the whole thing out (tbh, i went to the gym the night before)

Golf GTD Mk7
sounds like one of the rear ones has bust to me. Been hand breaking on the ice have we ;) Jack on the rear axle in the middle. Put the hand brake on and see if either of the rear wheels spin. Would be useful with pics to see what you're on about inside the car though ;)

Focus ST
I'll attempt to get a pic...

I need andy to hurry the hell up and reply to my mail, hutchie is miles away isn't he?

Focus ST
Ive had a look and it's the lever itself that's snapped, might b a cable aswell but the damage i can see if at the bottom of the handbrake, at the front where you can see (if that makes sense)