ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 - Low Mileage - Is it known?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Came across this on eBay and tempted to go and have a look. Called today for some more details but the guy was pretty vague, no idea about the service history as he has 80+ cars in....

Anyway really enjoyed the Ph1 I owned for a short period and the guy said he would normally put a 12 year old car to auction but this is pretty clean, car was traded in by the owner to buy a Cooper S but he did say it has a few marks on it. Best thing I can do is go and have a look.

Just wondering if it is known to the forum - Plate is Y391 HWY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Rena...317&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=181011386202&

Thanks

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Petrol Blue 182.
Very stong money.

You'd think he'd put a fresh pair of plates on for the pics! I think I can see a scoff on the N/S corner of the rear bumper.
Usual wear on drivers seat and steering wheel.

Looks alright though. Just check cambelts etc.

Also has a blue tinge in the paint work. Iceburg?

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
-at least 1000 pounds for that one

Oh look, our resident downs syndromer has arrived. Counted to Potato lately? Is your favourite colour still Ham?

That car (Providing its genuine and has had the belts done) is worth £1999 all day long. Anyone who can't sell it for that is even more of a r****d than our own resident spakker.

If you get it cheaper, then you're doing well!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'd pay 2k for that, no more though.

2.5 is big money for a ph1 now, it doesn't matter TOO much about mileage, but it looks really tidy too. Lovely iceberg right there for someone and I'd 100% buy it if I was in the market, even if it needed belts doing I probably would, as long as the underside/engine reflected the mileage.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Yes, yes I do ;)

Info please? x

Oh look, our resident downs syndromer has arrived. Counted to Potato lately? Is your favourite colour still Ham?

That car (Providing its genuine and has had the belts done) is worth £1999 all day long. Anyone who can't sell it for that is even more of a r****d than our own resident spakker.

If you get it cheaper, then you're doing well!

I would say its worth £2k wouldn't pay £2.5k but the guy on the phone mentioned this (Either they tidy up the defects or I do) all depends might have a look and if it has no service history it will be a turn off

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks just like mine :cool: It's iceberg. Driver seat looks a bit worn. Mines on 71k and driver seat is perfect

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering there are phase 2 clios for sale with 80+k on them for more than 2 grand, i dont see why this one isnt worth the same money?

This guy seems to be a r****d. I dont really understand his posts

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Braidwood are one of those garages that always seem to slightly overprice things but you rarely hear bad things. Knew you'd be back in one one day Stevo, not bullied the guy who bought yours enough though!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
Braidwood are one of those garages that always seem to slightly overprice things but you rarely hear bad things. Knew you'd be back in one one day Stevo, not bullied the guy who bought yours enough though!

He's sold it on to buy an Evo so I can't see me getting it back :(

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Just came back from having a look nice Ph1 but needs a bit of money thrown at it.

1 owner from new, female owner
Original everything, mats, radio, induction kit etc

No service history one stamp from 2002 but no belt changes etc on start up it squeeled quite a bit and only 1 key. Tiny rust spot on rear panel and scuffs on the front and back of the car. The 'salesman' who was cracking me up said they would tidy the car up, scuffs all painted and alloys done. When I mentioned the cambelt I was asked a price (£400/500) plus a service would needed, he just said "if it was me that was buying it I wouldn't worry about that"

I didn't see any MOT's to tie the mileage up but I do think its genuine, interior is very clean and I seen the V5. Discussed the price but dont think the guy that ran the place was there but was definetly struggling to get him down. Clearly hadn't been cleaned (woman I guess) as it had green mould in certain places, be a joy cleaning it up though

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
You going for it?

If I could get it for £2k I would be tempted but was offered either getting the bumpers etc all done minus the cambelt or they would do the cambelt :s and leave the bumpers. Boy kept going on about getting the alloys done. Not going for it just now anyway mate, pretty sure it wont sell for £2.5 anyway!

You going to have a look? I never took it for a drive

Its definetly not a shed, nice Ph1 just needs a tidy up and probaly a good service. Actually had a look at the cambelt, looked pretty clean!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
It needs paint, no history, belts waaaay overdue?!

It would be nice to buy to make it mint. You'd have one of the best ph1's in the country then.

But I think that car's worth no more than £1200 as it is.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Makes mine sound like a bargain lol. These garages don't have a clue

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
Not long back from seeing this. Needs belts and dephaser done as Brembo has mentioned. Passenger front wing is cracked right at the bottom, steering wheel
Is shot and a few very minor scuffs that would probably machine polish out and the wheels could do with a refurb. I took the spare wheel out and seriously think I was the first person to take it out. It's never been used neither has the jack and the kit. The original Michelin tyre on the spare still has the green and red lines on the tread too. Drivers seat bolster has some very slight wear but the rest of the interior is like brand new.

Imo it's worth around £1500 - £1700.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Ph1 T
no but seriously its 10x better than alot you see for sale and had great mods and history done by all the "proper" people thanks Dan :cheers:

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i sold a ph1 flame red clio the other month to a lad of here , needed £700 spent on it to get it mint had 64k needed belts and a bit of body work doing , 1 owner from new , all mot's to back milage up and almost full service history , sold it for £700 , the car in the ad isnt worth 2k with all the work that needs doing to it , belts are a major put of as you will be looking at £600+ depending on who does it and if it needs dephaser !!