ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 clio sport adding external fuel filter?

Accord
Having issues with jets clogging up and wondered if any body has done this before and will it restrict/starve fuel to the engine?

going for a oem phase 1 filter

Accord
Yep pump and filter is one unit. Heard they cost around £200 but only need changing at 150k, oem ph1 filter £8.

Accord
Have had a new injector shortly after purchasing the car, my mechanic said that there had been a new one fitted recently as well. The car is still a little lumpy at times so as not to have this happen again or get worse I'm gonna but the external one on as this is cheaper than replacing the pump which is still working.

I will ill get the injectors cleaned at some point but with the new filter in I can be happy with the fact that they won't get any worse and I can easily change it when I get a service.

but my question still remains for the die hard clio owners, will the added external filter restrict fuel?

Accord
I suppose that is a point to think about but my theory was that if the crap is going into the jets there must be hole or something happening to let bits get past the filtration?

Accord
So I suppose I'm the guinea pig then. Had the filter fitted this morning and so far no issues. No power loss and running well.When iv done a few more miles I'll report back any results.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Injectors normally go in pairs.

I highly doubt the problem you describe is caused by a fuel filter issue.

ph1 has a fuel filter on the bottom of the tank if you wanted to fit one in line.

Accord
Didn't no injectors go in pairs. Do u no why? Seems strange to me?

any way the filter is inline now where the ph1 has it. Done a few more miles now and got up to a good speed. No issues.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
they don't always. It's just common for one to go and then another to pop fairly soon after. One of mine died, I replaced it and another one went a week later.

It's only about £60 to replace all 4 :)

Accord
Wow where did u go. Mine cost £110 for the one fitted. Cheapest I found after was eBay at £32

ill just be happy if I don't get any problems now. Cause I'm loving the clio atm. I'm previously a honda nut so that was hard to say

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
ebay. I paid £15 a pop for mine brand new. That was last year some time and a rare opportunity so snapped them up :)