ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2 cup gone, gutted

MK2 PH2 172 cup
i bought my ph2 cup about 4 month ago and have loved every minute ive owned it, every time i drove it ive had a smile on my face like a cheshire cat :D. but for practical reasons this last week ive been looking at changeing cars as i have quiet a large familly and a caravan which made the cup impractical, so after long debates and arguments with her indoors i decided, OK its time to stop being selfish and do whats right by the familly, wanting to sell the cup and get the best price i could for it i had a HPI done so i could show the car as being straight, but to my horror it came back as a cat D '' GUTTED :( '' and im sure the little cnut i had it off knew about it. ive sent him loads of txts but no reply surprise surprise.
ill never get a car again without doing a HPI.
on the up side a guy from kent wanted my car :D knowing about the cat D and swaped me for a 2.5 rangerover on 20" rims full leather etc ill post a couple of pics later
still gutted the cups gone but im deffo gonna have another ;)

PH1 iceburg
Range rover..... kent......Its not the one from the film essex boys???

Sorry to hear about the cup mate.

I hpi'd my mk1 before i bought it, came back as fine.

Since found out its been in a major accident and had the whole side of the car replaced, and its on the V5 as 'substantially crash damaged and repaired [date]'....

Proves HPI checks dont always show everything.

S3, Polo
^ But a decent/ reputable company (RAC, AA and Experian) will be insured against this!

For instance:
"AA Car Data Check takes every precaution to ensure that the data supplied to you is correct and complete. However due to the complexity of the data providers it is possible that a piece of information is not passed to us. To ensure that you do not suffer a financial loss due to incorrect or incomplete data we are able to offer AA Car Data Check Insurance from Pinnacle Insurance plc. This is included at no extra cost in the AA Car Data Check and covers the data provided up to a maximum of £30,000, or the purchase price, (whichever is the lower), for two years."

MK2 PH2 172 cup
totally agree should have done a check B4 buying for how much it costs
you live and learn as they say, all turned out wel in the end though :D
but must admit thought i was gonna be stuck with a car with no value and loose out big time

LCR 225
i've got your clio now mate goes well! i know it was a cat d but got it for pennies so doesn't matter to me just been trying to find out so history of the car?