ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 front end on a.....

BMW F31
ph1?

i know Matt Black put the ph2 front end on the clio TT, does anyone have any knowledge of how easy it is?

i'm assuming the following is needed,

Wings
Bonnet
Grill
Sport or non sport bumper
headlights
and front panel

anything else?

BMW F31
yeah the front panel comes with slam panel attached.

dont know easy the lights are to wire up either? i have the double optics currently so in theory they should be direct fit.

BMW F31
need to make sure they all fit straight on first fella.

but i will be coming to you if i can make sure it all goes together.

dont know of any other ph1's with a ph2 front end, as i have to replace wing, headlight, bonnet etc it'll be cheaper and easier to get bits for a ph2.

BMW F31
i was hoping you'd see this Matt :D

so have i got it right in terms of parts?

what about the fogs and headlight wiring?

any tips ;)

^^ headlight wireing is completely differant mate!! youll need to be armed with a multimeter, soldering kit and alot of patience!!....the loom is completely differant, as are the connectors, wire clours and feeds!!!

BMW F31
surely though the indicators, sidelight, dipped and main beam connectors only have 2 wires from the loom to the headlight so it cant be that hard, its just getting the - & + round the right way?

are the other parts i put up correct or need more? as i know you've got Matts old car now i'm guessing you'd know?

LY 182
lights are a peice of piss to wire up mate i'll do it for you in half hour if you want to bring it to me.

buy yourself a power probe.

all you do is find the earth and join that up.. then go through living each pin see what lights up

if left indicator lights up living pin 1... stick the left indicator on and see what wire you get a flashing live through

join them up and move on to pin 2

wired the whole front of my car like that

yeah youve got rhe basis rite, however the loom is completely differant in the ph1.....its really a matter of finding the feeds etc etc....its a ball ache but obviously doable

as for the parts youve listed correct with the addition of the slam panel and the scuttle pannel/ firewall panal:) with is only 4 bolts anyway:)

BMW F31
are the scuttle panel and firewall panel different on the two ph's then!?

i didnt think they would be!?

BMW F31
lights are a peice of piss to wire up mate i'll do it for you in half hour if you want to bring it to me.

buy yourself a power probe.

all you do is find the earth and join that up.. then go through living each pin see what lights up

if left indicator lights up living pin 1... stick the left indicator on and see what wire you get a flashing live through

join them up and move on to pin 2

wired the whole front of my car like that

i may well take you up on that offer mate :D

BMW F31
true lol, just need to check out on the other bits and compare my mates car with mine.

i've read on here that you can get the sport bumper to fit the standard wings, is that right.

LY 182
true lol, just need to check out on the other bits and compare my mates car with mine.

i've read on here that you can get the sport bumper to fit the standard wings, is that right.
bit of jiggery pokery here and there yeah, theres a guide on here somewhere

Suzuki Ignis Sport
JungleJim did it... ^^

i then started to custom fit a 182 front bumper to the standard wings, along with a meggy splitter.

before adjusting bumper brackets
IMG_2440.jpg

after adjustment
IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

i smoothed out the washer jet holes
IMG_2446.jpg

after a bit of fibreglass work and some filler i got a decent fit
IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

jim3.jpg

front end done :) (door handles not painted)
jim2.jpg

jim1.jpg