ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

Renaultsport Clio 197
why not get a carbon bonet and paint it silver? :)

great looking car btw, can't beat silver (biased lol) :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
why not get a carbon bonet and paint it silver? :)

great looking car btw, can't beat silver (biased lol) :)

I dont think i could bring my self to spray over any carbon fibre lol, although it would look cool when you open the bonnet though & see all the weave underneath.. although -£300 in my pocket wouldnt be cool

Vey happy with ice berg silver, compared to other silver cars it looks very trick & hides stone chips better than any of the other colours ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

So finally got the new seats! Very happy with the weight & look.. only thing I realised straight away when sitting in them while they were in my dinning room was they are no where near as comfy as the sparcos & the lack of adjustment could be interesting on journeys that take longer than half an hour.. But any way 8kgs a seat then 1kg sub frames :approve: And here they are

DSC05140.jpg

So being universal the sub frames didn’t even come close lol, the guys shop I picked them up from said he had never seen them fitted to a clio, he said I guy tried to fit them in a 197 but had no joy so I was even more determined to get them to fit & hopefully keep the sub frames looking smart & not like something that has been put together by a 3 year old lol

So work began

DSC05124.jpg

Turned out I needed some spacers.. managed to get some ali strip & turn that into spacers, being ali kept the weight down which is always a good thing!

DSC05128.jpg

DSC05129.jpg

DSC05130.jpg

All fitted to the seats & the base mounts drilled & repainted

DSC05131.jpg

So next was to work on the seats, now I know I’m going to get a lot of haters from this but there is no way I could live with these & harness so the original seat belts had to stay so more custom work occurred

DSC05133.jpg

Looks simple but believe me it was 45 mins brain scratching / work lol.. then mounted onto the Renault pre-tensioner

DSC05136.jpg

Then a bit of modification to the sub frames

DSC05137.jpg

Then offered the new securing plate up against the sub frames

DSC05143.jpg

Then all bolted together

DSC05138.jpg

And finally the finished piece

DSC05144.jpg

Bolted them both into the car & the fit / drivers position is ace, obviously not as comfy as the sparco but the car feels so raw, in a very good way!

So started at 9am & didn’t finish till 10pm.. panicked abit as I need the car for work so it had to be done lol but very happy with them! Will get some pics of them in the car soon! Overall very successful day, plenty of head scratching & swearing but was a challenge doing it all on my own.. must also say thanks to Renault for making such a shite design on the floor pan, gotta thank my girlfriend too for keeping me fuelled up to carry out all the work :)

Next job, remove sound deadening & install stainless cup racer style tow eye

Also bought this from John off here

DSC05122.jpg

Dont plan to use them mate would rather have them than nothing at all, so they can live in the empty space that once held the spare wheel

James

Clio 182 :)
Looking good !
Can't wait to see it in the car :)

Also be sure to post the Cup towing eye, I'm going to get one soon ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good !
Can't wait to see it in the car :)

Will get pics up as soon as i get it cleanned & find some where to get a some nice shots ;)

Affraid it wont be an original cup racer tow eye, they cost far to much :dapprove: .. bought an OMP & will modifiy like Burp off here has, to the un-trainned eye it will look exactly the same as the cup racer but at only £10.50 :D

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I like the seats alot. Well done, looks like a long process.

Still got a few bits to go including matched inlets from Angel works to go on :D , had another play with the seat position & it has improved the comfort alot :approve: , they look absolutely ace in the car, just a shame they were such a fucker to fit! atleast i should be fairly unique lol

Petrol Blue 182.
thye dont just look rle good they feel rle good to! you'll have to take me out in em james when im home! i hope you got some good euro ideas fro no rice mate ;) had a second thought on my bumper insert, its going cream to match the roof ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Good project James, car looks great! It will be interesting to see how much weight will be lost in the end

BLACK GOLD 182
if i was you i would get power supplt in the golve box and get it vented then i would stick a terrabite hardrive in! (thats what i'm gonna do hehe) got it all ready to do to fez but cba so wait till i get clio 1st

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

Another busy weekend playing with the clio, so finnaly finnished the stripping out, no more rear seats or any thing, the thing must be close to a ton now :D

So after that it was time to install the matched inlets from Ben @ Angelworks, just from pairing the two up you can see the difference

Old inlets

DSC00905.jpg

And the new ones

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

As you can see the standard ones look nasty :dead: .. so bolted them on & went for a drive, Straight from the go i could feel a very nice / hard pull from 2,000rpm on wards, which is ace :D , car pulls alot nicer from 2,000rpm onwards right to the limiter, but main notice is 2,000rpm - 4,500rpm so the car is much better daily driver, which is handy as i still use it for work, also feels like you dont have to rag the engine so much to get power out of it, dyno next month will be the true performance test

Also a shot of the seats fitted :cool: the things seem to get attention every where i go :D

DSCF32081.jpg

GazM, its getting weighed next weekend hopefully, see how all the stripping has made the clio, the thing is scary nippy round the country roads now, power is just so instant from 3,500rpm onwards :approve:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

Yellow OMP tow eye arrived last week & took an hour soak in pot of nitromours :evil:

The result, my cup replica tow eye for £14 :approve:

DSC05146.jpg

Just needs a quick wipe over with some autoglym metal polish & it will look spot on :cool:

Also went for a drive & small photo shoot sunday with a good mate from aldershot, his 300bhp TT S-line is very nice

DSCF32001.jpg

DSCF32271.jpg

Jamesmod21.jpg

DSCF32601.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The Main beam is the factory Renault Xenon's, some thing that guys with the cups dont get :rasp:, one of the reasons i didnt get a Cup, side lights are Led Xenon blue bulbs

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
It just looks amazing

Thanks mate, has had alot of time & effort put into so far it as you can see!

I need this spoiler and I need this splitter

For the money there probarbly the best things you can do to improve the look, best mod for the look has to be the coillys though, standard springs are just to high :dead:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks mate :)

Had a few Pm's regarding what has been done to the engine, heres the spec -

* Itg pannel filter
* Mathced Inlets, from Angel works
* Acoustic valve removed
* Improved cold air-feeds
* Group N re-map
* Gray's 2.5" bore de-cat
* Powerflow 2.5" bore full stainless sytem

Bare in mind the thing is heavily stripped out as well, hoping for 190bhp/per ton ratio :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
** Small update **

Rear seats & everything else in the rear gone, well over a week now but didnt up date on my new Temp boot build that i had a few piccys off

Started with a board of MDF & mark out some windows for light weight :cool:

DSC00461.jpg

Then all cut out, weighs fook all :approve:

DSC00462.jpg

Will gets pics in the morning, its all fabric'd up & looking very track ready now :cool: , will also be installing the tow eye & new toe sticker too :D, will get pics as soon as the work is complete!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

Got no pics of the boot build, forgot lol, but have installed the Toe eye & tow sticker from legohead :cool:

So heres my bank holiday monday progress -

So firstly didn't fancy taking all the bumper off & grinding away, burp's method is ideal if you have a PH1 & making a track toy - no aircon pipes to worrys about grinding near & thanks to him i went ahead with the OMP tow eye, so thanks for all the info mate! will hopefully put a guide together as i took a few piccys of todays event

First job, drill out the stop plate & lock all the toe eye in

DSC05163.jpg

So all bolted in

DSC05162.jpg

So then used some detailing tape to lign up the new sticker :cool:

DSC05164.jpg

And the finnished piece

DSC05165.jpg

DSC05167.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
looking good mate

Thanks mate, Completion is almost hear :D polished roll cage is now on the cards, dam seeing my mates car with one fitted, it just looks so nice :eek:

Hows your engine bay looking mate, been keeping you busy? Not need the dremmel in the end then mate? Any word on the cost of the 207 splitter

corsa ecoflex
had a crack today but ive a major problem...one of the torx bolts holding the engine cover on has rounded of so i cant undo it.......so instead washed the car again inside and out,went to the local scrappy to find a boot carpet but no luck....on the positive side i got a set of ph2 172 rear lights and bulb holders on the way along with a bonnet bra and a decat...so 2 weeks will be a weekend of work for me....going to the local peugot dealers tomorrow to have a look at a 207 splitter,although i may get a seat cupra splitter

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice to see my advice helped abit with the tow eye.

Thanks again matey ;)

The boot build project - creating something to fill the whole where the lumpy rear bench went, still need to keep things in my car & with it all being stripped out you can see everything just by looking through the window so have taken a board of MDF, cut it out to reduce weight further more lol & cover it in fabric so from the out side it just looks like the floor carpet goes all the way upto the parcel shelf, will look trick once i'm done, well atleast i hope lol

Pics will be up of the complete part hoepfully by the middle of the week :cool:

172 Race Car
it will never be 'truly' lighten'd then.

Airbags, a/c, boot builds, door panels, carpets all very heavy;)

Car looks well tho, very tidy

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fk konis are at the max, only way to go lower is remove the lock rings, think i'm gonna have to when all the sound deadning is all removed as its just a touch to high for my likeing still, i am fussy though lol.. saying that though the front still have 50% more to go :eek: get looooooooooow :cool: