ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Burp the dream would be a complete strip :eek: ... still gotta use it daily though :dapprove: ... I'm at the daily comfort limits with fixed buckets & coilovers lol, i'm hoping to hit a 1000kgs running, whats yours at mate, must be silly light being a Ph1 aswell, mine picks up very well now, happy to call it a true Renault Sport :cool:

172 Race Car
U might struggle to get 1000kgs. mine was roughly 970kgs (with 3/4 tank of fuel) before removing the a/c. (15kgs ish)

Difficult to get it weighed properly on a public bridge.

Got a little more to come off yet tho

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
970kgs - sweeeeet :eek: now that must be fun :evil:

Well i'm hoping for 1000kgs, may take more desperate measures if it doesnt lol, like you say, carpet, door cards etc all there to look nice, i've even removed the rear speakes :eek: , they sound shite any way & take power off my head unit so they got scrap'd, no sub or amp here - hardcore!!!

Burp, what BHP is your block putting out?

172 Race Car
175bhp, was 'roaded' saturday.

Stock apart from induction and cat back, oh and (non working and very expensive to fix) a/c removed

GP2
James - my ph2 was 1159 with me in it and 45 litres of fuel. That is semi-stripped with buckets. I weigh 91kg btw...

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Hmmm, may well hit a ton if i let the needle touch the red, of course i plan to way it with out me in it too so may just see 1000kgs :D

How much have you stripped out yours Rich?

At the moment mines got 8.5kg seats - & that includes sub-frames :cool:, the standards wey a ton, surprised reno didnt make a new style of seat for the cup, guess comfort/cost prevented it as is always the case :dapprove:

Stock apart from induction and cat back, oh and (non working and very expensive to fix) a/c removed

Hoping mine will make alot more with all my mods, the spec on my engine

* Itg pannel filter
* Mathced Inlets, from Angel works
* Acoustic valve removed
* Improved cold air-feeds
* Group N re-map
* Gray's 2.5" bore de-cat
* Powerflow 2.5" bore full stainless sytem

Surrey rolling road on the 6th september, fingers crossed for 185/190bhp :cool:

GP2
I've just removed the rear seat, spare wheel and all the other shite in the back that you don't need. Although I have left the side panels in! I've got Sparco bucket seats with custom frames, that is were a bulk of the weight has been saved. Think it works out that my car is around 1030kg - which is good to say it is comfortable with aircon and a multi-disk changer lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Think it works out that my car is around 1030kg - which is good to say it is comfortable with aircon and a multi-disk changer lol

Nice :cool: , I'm hoping to get under a ton, i really want it! lol, but need air con to stay, i dont have a 6 disk changer, instead Usb thumb drive, & the rear shitty speakers are out, gotta be weight gone there! sound deadning out this week hopefully then if i get time its down the scrap yard to get it weighed saturday ;) Rich you removed your iso bar? fair bit of weight there :) oh & of course my acoustic valve & rear wiper, must be another 1kg there :rasp:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Car looks stunning mate.

One of, if not, the best ph2 172.

So the big Q, how much more economical is it now you've removed so much weight? Sorry I meant faster :eek:

172 Race Car
Mine is so light i cant help but get 41mpg on the motorway. Ive had it up to 47mpg over 65 miles steady cruising before, 12mpg on track tho, Lol.

It makes a big difference.

Think you will be around the power figure u are hoping for, going on our results vs mods from Saturday.

Results Here

As long as its a good'un and not been timed up by kermit the frog like mine was

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Interesting comparison that.

I was only joking on the economy bit, but that's damn impressive for a tuned 2L.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Economy on mine is sweet, when not ragging it :eek:

Usally see 45-49mpg when doing 60mph on the motorway, at half 6 in the morning i have no intrest in going quick & for some reason at under 3k you can not hear the powerflow & de-cat at all!... untill you put your foot down then sounds like thunder lol usally get 37-40ish mpg round town then on spirited drives that usally have the engine humming at 4-5krpm i see around 25-30mpg, still amwazing considering my mates TT strugles for 35mpg driving like an old man lol

I thought changing from a 1.2 - 2.0 would kill me petrol wise, well it does driving it propeply lol but when driving normally i actually get through less petrol than my old 1.2 8v :eek: :cool:, de-cat seemed to have been the best mod all round :)

Car looks stunning mate.

One of, if not, the best ph2 172.

Thanks matey, your gonna have to see it at the next braknell meet or if you get a 172 for the Rolling road, looks even smarter in the flesh, looks propa evil from the front at night that low with the Xenons on :cool:

Burp, some mixed results from the run, just shows some roll off the production line alot better than others :dapprove: ... well been out in a few 172's & jonns 172 cup & mine "feels" alot quicker, but then again mine is now probarbly lighter than a cup & i still have air-con :rasp:

172 Race Car
Imo u need to alter your profile. to many comforts to be 'track set-up'

Im just jelous coz mine is horendous to drive on the road

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Imo u need to alter your profile. to many comforts to be 'track set-up'

:rasp:

Im just jelous coz mine is horendous to drive on the road

LOL

Mine is obviusly not as comfy as it was in standard form but i still do 50/60 miles a day in it no probs, think the blessin was the Fk koni ADJUSTABLE damping coilovers, can be soft for road use & rock hard for track, pop the bonnet/boot & adjust them from the top of the struts, takes 5 mins tops :approve:

Tried driving it to work on the hard setting once :dead: so harsh i pulled over to turn it back to soft lol, sod buying fixed damping for road use, far to hard core for me lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fixed buckets, fixed damping :eek: , you must have no feeling in your lower back lol, Burp you still use it as a daily driver or you got another little run around?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
* Itg pannel filter
* Acoustic valve removed
* Group N re-map

Mine made 175/165 with similar mods (200 cell sports cat & phase 1 airbox).

Clio 182 :)
* Itg pannel filter
* Acoustic valve removed
* Group N re-map

Mine made 175/165 with similar mods (200 cell sports cat & phase 1 airbox).

Ph1 airbox ! I'm going to get one soon... do you have a picture of the thing mounted ?

Thx !

Fingers crossed for you James :D

172 Race Car
Fixed buckets, fixed damping :eek: , you must have no feeling in your lower back lol, Burp you still use it as a daily driver or you got another little run around?
Dont commute to work so no need for a daily driver. We have a little Hdi 206 as the main car. Clio is one of my 'hobbies'

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

Only a small one, but got this from Tonyt this morning, The no. man when it comes to custom carbon fibre :cool: , belive this is a first :approve:

DSC05200.jpg

DSC05198.jpg

Will get pics of it on the car asap ;)

James

Clio 182 :)
James you're the best !

How did you do that ?

By the way, do you have a pic of your "improved caf" ?

cheers

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
James you're the best !

Knows it :cool: ..... :rasp:

Tonyt ( off here ) does custom Carbon fibre parts, ace work, as you can see ;)

No pics of the Cold air feed, not really alot done to it, removed the acoustic valve & straigntened out the standard air feed that was currently bent 90 degrees :dapprove: .. Engine bay is the next playground as far as the planned mods go, wanna get it looking as smart as the out side :cool: Not sure though.... Been thinking alot about getting back into biking... mmmmm GSXR 600 :cool: so funding may have to be shared lol

Focus ST170
OI James i could have you done for plaguerism!!! haha beat me to it on that one looks mint tho' ...

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You know i'm the brain child behind it john :rasp:

We need to sort that bonnet of yours out before you go any further, the blue cup is gonna look ace on coillys :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Few pics from the last week :cool:

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

Shame the weather wont let it stay this clean for more than 3 days :mad: ... british summers :dapprove:

Petrol Blue 182.
shes looking sweet mate, im gunna give a go at detailing on saturday if the weather holds out, get rid of all them swirls haha

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You going to trax?

Havent planned to, considering though! got so much on at the moment i may not even get the Clio to a run what ya brung track day till next year.. or i may even wait till the mighty german Ring next year as my first track outting :D .. may not be the most sensible idea lol

im gunna give a go at detailing on saturday

Good luck mate, be careful though, i dont wanna see big paint burn holes on parts of your car at the next braknell meet :dapprove: ... Just take your time... you got your self a good polisher, polish's & pads?

Focus ST170
Yea first track outing at the ring' that's what real men do!! haha he say's approaching the armco.... oh.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
haha he say's approaching the armco.... oh

BAAAAAAAAAAAAANG..... James breaks the track record :rasp:

Yea baby lol... John, will give you a ring later about tomorrow :cool:

P.s who says i'm gonna drive quick around the ring anyway :race:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

So the Clio hit surrey rolling road today, Note, this rolling road is reagarded as one of the best in the area! weather was shite but was a great day! The Clio ran spot on & every one there was nice enough so made for a good day out
;)

So my first worry was that i may not be able to get the car on the Rolling road as it was so loooow lol, secondaly, my car would be put in some one else's hands for the first time since owning it... She was in good hands, although i did look in worry for my splitters sake as you can see, i watched as it barely cleared the floor lol

DSC05206.jpg

The guys getting it all locked in, they had fun, being as it was so low lol

DSC05210.jpg

And the result......

DSC05215.jpg

YEEEEESSSSSS 184.5BHP :D

Very happy man indeed, considering thats under £500 spent on the engine :cool: ..

So we ended up at the local pub for some lunch.. took over the car park & this is just half the amount that attend the Rolling road

DSC05214.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
* Itg pannel filter
* Acoustic valve removed
* Group N re-map

Alot were running 10+ bhp less than me with similar mods, so it seems i have a good one :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
184! very happy for you mate! well done bud!

184.5 Thank you very much :rasp:

Yep very happy indeed mate, alot were running really low figures so thought great maybe i wont even make 170bhp... There was 2 172's that both made around the 160 figure & a trophy & 182 that made 170 :eek: