ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2172, rear brake rattle, MOT advisory

Had my MOT a while ago, it passed but it had an advisory for a anti rattle clips missing from rear brake pads.

Now ive changed my several times, always do the job myself and in the history ive owned the car ive never had any shims or anything, just the little sliding clip and pin at the back
of the pads.

Anyway since the MOT pointed it out, and ive got harder coilies on now, ive become more aware of this rattle, which stops when i press the brake.

Its 100% the pad, so this time im putting in some CL RC5's on the rear (over kill i know, but there cheap enough really), but i thought id ask to see if im missing any form of anti rattle or if its just the EBC green stuff pads id been using for the rear are a poor fit. (i have more CL on the front ;) epic)

Cheers,
Si

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you not got the anti rattle shims in the back? Little bits of stainless plate. It's a tenner for a whole pack from a motor factors iirc.

Probably not mate, i dont think ive ever had a set for the rear, the fronts definately have them. Ill get some ordered, as the rattle is annoying lol