ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 - casting that the upper gearbox mount sits in

GTxx + ph1 Clio 172
I've just taken the mounts off to replace with new items (powerflex for the dog-bone) and discovered that the casting under the battery tray that holds the upper gearbox mount has stress fractured and part of it has come off entirely, so I need a new one.

Of the two large bots that hold it to the chassis leg un the inner wing, it's the one firewall side, the entire section of the casting has sheared off.

I've just tried calling my local dealer ion Northampton, but they said they can't find it on thier electronic catalogue! :mad:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get one ASAP please?

I've messages the 2 being broken on eBay at the moment, but no replies as yet.
Any help would be very very much appreciated!!!!!!

thanks

Jim

Golf GTD Mk7
Anyone breaking a 172/182 will have one. If you're a member look in the car parts for sale section.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Get a set of K Tec engine mounts. Much better and stronger than standard ones. I've got them on mine and a Powerflex dogbone bush.

BMW M135i
They are the same through the clio 2 range fitted with a manual box, so it shouldn't be hard to find one from a breakers.

If you are feeling fruity though 77 00 430 825 and £91ish.

GTxx + ph1 Clio 172
Hi Fred,

Yes please!
Clio has been off the road for ages, as I've been so bonkers busy with life!
How much do you want for one inc postage to NN4 8QS?

thanks!

Jim