ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phase 3 Rsi

Clio mk1 Rsi
hey guys. im after opinions/help, i have a 96 1.8 8v clio rsi, now i may just be being greedy, but it doesnt go as well as i would like, it's not as fast as i expected, going from a nova sr to the clio i would have hoped a huge difference, yet im disappointed, i think power quote is somewhere around the 110bhp mark, yet a saxo vtr is loads quicker (quoted at 98bhp)! this shouldnt be the case, or is it just me?? any suggestions as to what could be making it down on power?? the car is standard performance wise!

Thanks

Tobi

Clio mk1 Rsi
yea saxo's are light cars, but you'd expect an rsi to waste one, stepbrother used to have one, and reckons his went well better than mine, the throttle rsponse is clean on my car, but it doesnt seem to really pull untill 4-5 thou revs!!

Clio mk1 Rsi
it's a lad i know who owns the vtr. i know it is comletely standard any idea where i could see performance figures for clio?

Clio mk1 Rsi
it does pull, but i would say its like a turbo coming on to boost at 4000, i know it's clearly not a turbs but you get what i mean with it holding back and then a rush of power, doesnt seem to be on power for long either!

Clio mk1 Rsi
the car is new to me, had it a fortnight, think the last service was 2 years ago, but hasnt done many mile's since then!

93 rsi
mate id do the works on it, oil,fuel,air filters, plugs leads, rotor arm, do everything, because it dont sound right, rsi should really be tring to catch vts not vtr

Clio mk1 Rsi
cheer's for your'e help,could it be a sensor? air mass meter or something? if anyone else has any advice or opinions dont hesitate to let mo know!

2 years without a service means it definatly needs one regadless of milage.

A decient service would also mean changing the gearbox oil.

Depends on Hp but some VTR are quicker and the ROSI might just be old and a bit worn as with all engines some are slower some are quicker and agae more than anything means less power.