ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase1 172 seat runners - anyone changed one?

Red Clio 197 F1
Hi guys,

Did a search on seat runners but couldn't find any info on how to change them.

My passenger seat runs forward using the under seat handle however when using the tilt / slide it doesn't to gain easier access in to the back - it doesn't!!??

Haynes don't do a 172 / 182 manual but I am sure the lower spec cars have the same seat set up.

Therefore, has anyone changed this, if so can you give me any pointers and does Haynes have this in the manual?

Cheers

A well built VW
Theres 4 bots under the car that hold the seats in place undo these and the airbag wires the seat will just come out once out iirc there are 8 torx bolts that hold the runners on the seat undo these and reverse to refit

Red Clio 197 F1
Cheers The Big Yin.

Would you tackle it or would you take it to a local / private garage?

Mégane RS
do it yourself mate, 4 bolts under the car and 3 bolts hold the runners to the seats

Red Clio 197 F1
Posted this the other week and thanks for tips.

However, replacing the seat runner - will this fix my tilt / slide fault?

There is a load of rattles coming from the passenger seat, don't want to shell out for something when it could be something else.

Anyone else have same prob as I described - below

My passenger seat runs forward using the under seat handle however when using the tilt / slide to gain easier access in to the back - it doesn't!!??

Civic Type-R
My passenger seat rattles like crazy too. Seems to vibrate loads when I go over bumps. I dont have the problem with the tilt/ slide thing though. You might need to take the seat cover off or something to have a look at it?

STOP!

You don't need to replace the runner - I've had the problem at least 4 times now.

One of the bolts has come out from the mechanism.

Seat-Runner.jpg

Just need to force it back in mate.

This will only allow the seat to slide back and forth - will still rattle when in certain positions :(

Last edited:
  Red Clio 197 F1
Excellent, I'll have a look later, not now though - too f.ing hot to have my head under my seat - especially in my suit!!

Ignore the PM then - cheers DAY

Jap Shed
STOP!

You don't need to replace the runner - I've had the problem at least 4 times now.

One of the bolts has come out from the mechanism.

Seat-Runner.jpg

Just need to force it back in mate.

This will only allow the seat to slide back and forth - will still rattle when in certain positions :(

my seat feels loose, could this cause it?