ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Contracts

Ziel Nurburgring
8 or 9 years ago i worked for Vodafone when people signed up for contracts of 12 months + 3months notice. Then the law was changed to make contracts 11+1 month notice so you were in fact only signing up for a maximum of a year.

Has this law been changed recently, or are people like Vodafone just taking the piss with these 18 month ones? Does it mean that after a year you can just tell them to stick it up their bollo cks as they are breaking the law and just taking Joe Public for a ride?

Also, if you are signing up for 18 months are they going to honour an 18 month warranty on the crappy fisher-price mobiles that break if you sneeze near them?

172 Cup
I don't think there's any law at all to stop any form of service provider (mobiles, ISP, Sky etc) setting any contract length they like.

It might not be good for business but there's nothing to stop them specifying a 48 month contract if they so wished.

Megane225FF
lots of companies give you the 1st 3 months insurance for the phone for free - after that, they'll want to charge you about a fiver per month.. then if 'owt happens to the phone, they say "sorry sir, thats not covered by the warranty/insurance."
so I've heard....

Astra 1.9cdti XP
I hate the new 18 month contracts 02 and Orange have started doing them now! Got to say I'll never sign up for one!! A phone will never last me that long.

Thing is they've started to charge for the phones if you sign up to a 12 months contract and giving them free on the 18 month contracts....sucks ass if you ask me!!

o2 online has a 30day notice period and no contract :cool:

But no phones... so you have to buy your own.

Which I imagine you can then make money back on on ebay when you upgrade :)