ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

I was contacted out of the blue by IPC media a few months back asking to use some of my images in WHAT DIGITAL CAMERA magazine for a mini feature.

They ended up using 4 and they apear in the March edition out today. Pretty chuffed and just wanted to show off:eek:

Good stuff, Brazo.
I've had an image in a digital map of London, but nothing in proper print.
Must be great to see your work published :)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys its a double page spread wdc.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Excellent Brazo, chuffed for you!

Well, I've manned up and bought a Sigma 10-20 for Dubai next month - really looking forward to using it out there now. Big thanks to Matt for the offer to lend his, but at the price I paid I couldn't resist :eek:

With the 10-20, 35mm 1.8 and 55-200 in my bag, is there much need for the kit lens anymore do we reckon? Genuinely can't think of a situation where I'll need it - especially since a collegue has offered me £60 for it.

I would say you have most situations covered Luke, that said I use a high quality std zoom f2.8 for 90% of my photos! Just love that range. Although its now been replaced by the Sony Carl zeiss 16-80 which is equally as good but a better range.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks mate, thought as much. If I get rid, then decide I miss that range, I can always use it as an excuse to upgrade :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
10-20 arrived! Perfect, just in time for my brothers 21st on saturday. The only negative is that it doesn't seem to work at all well with the standard flash, so I'm frantically searching the internet for a cheap flash gun that will be here by Saturday! No such luck so far :dapprove:

Twingo Dynamique
whats the point/advantage of a lens hood... just to help protect the lens from rain or something?? :S

Minimises flare, supposedly.

And yes it will help a bit from rain if it's a large hood. I also find it's another thing to hold the lens by too, which makes things a bit more stable sometimes.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
They’re also handy as a bit of extra protection for the front element. I only take the hood off my lenses when using a CPL.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
They are also really handy for falling off your lens when working at repatriation ceremonies live on TV, just as the coffin is presented to the family and the whole world goes silent...........trust me I know.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Went out last week and took a few photos, just messing about with the settings and stuff really, fairly new to photography.

Think this was the best of the bunch, main issue I had was as soon as I went home and opened it in photoshop I realised I hadn't got the top of the arch in the pic, but the rocks didn't really allow me to go any further back. Wasn't too sure what to do with the main dark rocks, when I lighten them the photo doesn't quite look right.

525039_10151450103992118_906991511_n.jpg

Any comments/criticism? Be gentle, lol. :quiet:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bump the shadows....

Assuming you had a tripod (I'm guessing you didn't though) .. I'd have suggested bracketing .. so you over and under expose in different shots .. PS them all together without making it look awfully OTT / HDR style.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I think it could do with the shadows brightened, the composition -as you said- tweaking and I’d give it a sharpen too. Black and white could work quite well actually too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Cheers, lighten the shadows a tad. Wasn't aware how dark the photo looked until I compared the two.

I used a tripod. ^

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Flash arrived in time for tonight :D

a6a4e7ur.jpg

For something that's cheap and cheerful, it seems pretty good. Well made, easy to use - I'm pleasantly surprised!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Haha, don't expect much mate, I'll be half cut and its in a cheap cricket club! That said, my mate is DJ'ing and has a full rig, so should be entertaining. I took a few at the missus's 21st last January, same location/DJ but just had my kit lens/flash:

u2u3ubyp.jpg

However, the photo quality rapidly deteriorated, lol!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Rob.

Sigma 10 - 20 Dan for a UWA. F/4 ones start at circa £300 second hand.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
As predicted, I got drunk and took 550 pictures, many of which will be binned. I'll put up a few of the keepers later :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Haha, I did indeed mate, couldn't resist! Thanks so much or the offer though pal.

I'm currently now looking for filters. Bloody expensive hobby.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Haha, I did indeed mate, couldn't resist! Thanks so much or the offer though pal.

I'm currently now looking for filters. Bloody expensive hobby.

lol! No worries, I am using the 9 stop Hoya ND filter it was about £90 and a Hoya Circular polariser which I bought of Talk photography for £20 lol

Twingo Dynamique
can anyone recommend a remote shutter?

I have a Canon 550D if that makes a difference on choosing one...

would i be better going for something like this: (cheap and cheerful but looks fairly good for price and function)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Sh...raphy_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item4ac10a61de

or possibly spending a bit more and getting one that can be programmed to do timelapses....?? :S

another thing i'm looking at getting is a microphone, it will be mostly used outside so needs a good muff, or should i just get a micro muff for the camera's mic.. :S not sure what to think myself..! :L

thanks folks