ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Inferno 225 cup
£4.99 eBay and does the job.

ubuhuvug.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
lol! No worries, I am using the 9 stop Hoya ND filter it was about £90 and a Hoya Circular polariser which I bought of Talk photography for £20 lol

If you want a ten stop, Haida do one for around £45. Can't remember where from though, I think mine was from eBay.

I take it that these are screw in, rather than drop in gents? I'll have a look about. Ideally looking for a ND grad before anything, if anyone has any recommendations :)

Matt, how do you find the polariser at, say, 10mm mate? Any issues with the blue sky's looking uneven, or anything?

My missus has one similar to the photos above, came free with her 600D.
I have a wired remote which is very similar to the linked one from Amazon.
Never had an issue with it in a couple of years and dead simple to use too!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I take it that these are screw in, rather than drop in gents? I'll have a look about. Ideally looking for a ND grad before anything, if anyone has any recommendations :)

Matt, how do you find the polariser at, say, 10mm mate? Any issues with the blue sky's looking uneven, or anything?

Yea they are screw in filters, No Issues at all mate, works a treat I mainly use it on my telephoto to be fair but its the same filter size as my 10-20 so it gets used from time to time.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Lol! Buy me some bits if you want ;)

stick to decent filters though if you can i have always used Hoya and had no issue.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
200%.

Usually love B&W but it doesn't do anything for me.

Colour looks great with the indicators too.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
At a guess you'll be shooting at either too low or high F number mate. I try to stick between f/8 and f/12 for night stuff now, works for me!

Ok cheers for that gents.

I have to admit, despite having the camera for 2/3 years now, I have never really fully made use of it, and don't really understand a lot of the different modes etc.

I don't know enough about the various settings to be able to look at a scene and think "Ok, these are the ssettings I need to made this look good...".

I am a wh0re to the Auto mode for ease. :dapprove:

EDIT: Just want to clear up - for my night shots, I don't use the Auto mode, I try to do the settings myself. (Which is why I think I'm goign wrong!).

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I will be photographing smoke on Friday, close up. Anyone took photos of smoke before?

Bit odd but some of the photos I've seen are amazing.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Read the stickies at the top mate, they're massively helpful for understanding exposure and how shutter speed/aperture/ISO all work together.

I spent my lunch break learning about flashes today as I really don't have a clue! Going to buy another one next month I think as well as some receivers and have some fun.

Is it worth buying a flash with TTL? Or is that just essentially auto mode for a flash?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I like that. I'm hoping to see if a rose pattern or stickman pattern appears.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Took a few smoke photos today, a lot trickier than I first thought. Out of about 100 photos only a select few were half acceptable.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Been looking for ND grads today, anyone used anything like this kit by Cokin?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000A40M22/?tag=cliospnet01-21

It's just the P-Series kit which i've had for a few years.

Decent for the money really, three filters for £30ish.

Quality won't be near as good as Lee filters, but very reasonable.

Edit - You'll have to make the filter adaptor is the same thread diameter as your lens, it doesn't say in the description.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good to know, cheers mate. Yeah, I'll get a 77mm adapter for it.

Also looking at the Hoya 9 stop ND, got. a feeling it's going to be an expensive month :eek:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for the Haida ten stop personally. Gives that extra bit and its cheaper than the 9.

Some reviews from talk photography http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=337439

Cost me less than £50 for a 77mm one from ebay. Not had any issues with it really (the thread was a bit tight at first, but I think that was a bit of dirt in my previous lens)

The colour cast isn't noticeable either IMO.

Edit - Reading through that thread, it seems a few on here have one too.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got the B&W 10 stop, and it’s brilliant. Look at my thread on Salford Quays in this section, I used it for those photos.

Happy Birthday to me...

8536758422_418a3df13d_c.jpg

New Toy by Harry_S, on Flickr

Arrived today, I now need to spend 2 days figuring out before my next motorsport event. I doubt there is a single camera on the planet with more customizable options than this.

Not as cool as the above, but my new toy also arrived this morning.

GRIP!

It's so heavy, must add 1/3rd to the camera's weight. So awesome though. Complete portrait control, duel battery and AA backup pack. Oh, and it makes the camera feel more balanced with weighty lenses, like my Wide Angle and my Telephoto.

Attachments

• 20130307_133949.jpg
    20130307_133949.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20130307_090343.jpg
    20130307_090343.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 39

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Love the OM Ukasqew! It's a properly well spec'd camera especially for micro 4/3's, stuff like weather sealing etc, awesome

Love the OM Ukasqew! It's a properly well spec'd camera especially for micro 4/3's, stuff like weather sealing etc, awesome

Yep it's a beast, magnesium alloy, weather sealed, stupidly impressive in-body IS. Love it.

I've spent ages in the menus figuring it all out, the custom menu alone has 86 separate options (many with their own sub-menus), I just saved my motorsport settings into one of the presets and counted 23 separate things that I've configured for it.