ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Php Oop

Anyone use OOP for PHP5? Heard it's better supported than with PHP4, but I can't get my head around it at the mo. I know when you design the code it's meant to be flexible and you should be able to adapt it to things easily, but I just can't seem to get it right and end up getting myself confused.

Been using php for years, but just used functions, vars, etc and very briefly touched OOP, but I don't see any real benefit of using it? Is it good practice to use OOP these days?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If it doesn't work for you dont use it.. simple.

Its just meant to be flexible and re-usable is all.. If the project i'm doing is going to be big then i'll probably use OOP. If its a small script then i'll just use functions.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've just done the website for our new venture at work, our first foray into e-commerce.

I've designed the layout of the site and written my own shopping cart, ordering and tracking system. Just finishing up the backend so it's all nice and easy to maintain. Another few days and I'll be done :)

There are a few places where I've just used normal functions, but on the most part it's all done with objects to make things logical, grouped and easy to maintain. Not sure I'd want to write the amount of code I have without using objects.

Rav4
I would be interested in seeing your shopping cart in action.

I am currently trying to also make my own custom shopping cart, however, they can become so complex. Security is also a huge concern :) but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks,

G.

I've just done the website for our new venture at work, our first foray into e-commerce.

I've designed the layout of the site and written my own shopping cart, ordering and tracking system. Just finishing up the backend so it's all nice and easy to maintain. Another few days and I'll be done :)

There are a few places where I've just used normal functions, but on the most part it's all done with objects to make things logical, grouped and easy to maintain. Not sure I'd want to write the amount of code I have without using objects.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
No problem. I will pm you details of the website tomorrow once I've uploaded the latest code to the live website, the current code on the live website is from mid december, things have changed a lot.

Security is a concern for us, I've done my research on sql injection and php protection to prevent these from happening.

I looked at a number of off the shelf solutions, but to be honest 100% of what I looked at was crap! They never seem to quite do what we need.

The advantages we will get from our own system are massive though, I will be integrating a invoice payment into it so that customers can renew their yearly license for our main software product.

I would be interested in seeing your shopping cart in action.

I am currently trying to also make my own custom shopping cart, however, they can become so complex. Security is also a huge concern :) but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks,

G.

Rav4
Snoop,

That is excellent. The reason why I like off the shelf packages is coz they have spent a lot of time on them, and invested a lot of money for research and so on, however you are correct, they never quite do what u want, and if you ask them to provide you a solution, they rape you big time with ££££

I would be very grateful if you could show me how you went about it :)

You are an absolute star.

G.