ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phs1 1.4 16v 5 door daily.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
picked it up in march as a mot failure at work, wasnt going to to much to it as it was just a family car..... it got ipod player. 182 sport seats n bench and put on the white alloys. and thats how it stood till now.

fb37c090.jpg

this weekend consisted fitting the phase 2 dash and trims. rear silver belts and air ride.

91a98979.jpg

1fac1697.jpg

a3d171fa.jpg

ec05e199.jpg

8c59f410.jpg

c2c1b3a4.jpg

2a545da4.jpg

fce2c11a.jpg

305c78a3.jpg

9c50eaa7.jpg

1d7a81e3.jpg

1623ff12.jpg

still to do is, fit p clips on air pipe as i forgot to bring them home from work. wire in hazard/rear demist/ ac, wire front electric window switches, fabriate compressor mount and tank mount. and valve manifold mounting as its going under the spare wheel.

stuff happening in next few weeks/months is

fit phs1 sport kit/phs rear bumper/cup spoiler and phs2 door mouldings
sport brake conversion
trim door cards like the sports. trim a pillers and roof lining.
carbon badges / bullets
trim steering wheel
rebuild 182 engine.

will get better pics this week during the day. the van is coming back once it dispute with havair is sorted.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
haha cheers. interior is alot nicer now with the darker trim.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
some more pics.

69a2b233.jpg

ec3f819f.jpg

new gaitor came today for the gear stick. just need to pick up the heater control pannel of stu and get that in and pick up cc buttoms

b2a6ced7.jpg

compressor is still to be relocated. its just tempory in smae as the tank. as i have something new in the pipe line for it. to save space. as for the valves tomorrow i should have the new mount and spare wheel brakect sorted, or at least ready to weld in. as im keeping the spare in the boot.just fliping it over than how it usually mounts in there.

22d3f0b1.jpg

dc2679ec.jpg

the vans old gauge pod. getting ready for the new gauge mounts to be drilled out.

2472716c.jpg

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
how much was the air ride install?

not alot tbh. my old shocks from one of my old clios. just got it overhauled. for 360 that included water trap. one of my compressors and bought 3 gallon tank for 80. new valves 400 with manifold. gauges were 60. still cheaper than buying it new. really comes down to what spec you want. basic management suits me. dont eally see the appeal to the fancy accuair kits. too pricey

will be running the other compressor from my van once i decide on my upgrade for the van

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
You like air don't you :)
You doing anything else with it or leaving it more or less like that

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
You like air don't you :)
You doing anything else with it or leaving it more or less like that

yeah I do. Ride is far more comfortable and you can get good lows from it. get 16s painted, new tank add other compressor, get dual optics on with sport kit, get roof lining/door cards trimed. Then fit 182 engine once its rebuilt. Just oem+ rep

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
yeah I do. Ride is far more comfortable and you can get good lows from it. get 16s painted, new tank add other compressor, get dual optics on with sport kit, get roof lining/door cards trimed. Then fit 182 engine once its rebuilt. Just oem+ rep

Can't wait to see it :)

225 powered mk2
awesome dude! i remember back in the day from your old thread clio on 19s!!! this clio is full of win :)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
awesome dude! i remember back in the day from your old thread clio on 19s!!! this clio is full of win :)

haha cheers. i scraped that on although there is something else coming if i find time.

cruise control buttons for the wheel ordered. and the darker handbrake level.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
_1030025_zps9b9b0af4.jpg

fitted 6mm pipe for the new guages as due to them being yank there ment to be 1/4 pipe but you dont get metric to imperal fittings, 6mm pipe is a tight fit but works due to compression fitting. Some more fabrication and redo the centre gauge hole and that will be ready for paint. two black face gauges are dual needle for front and back, centre on is tank pressure. fitted cruise control buttons and drilled out trs tow strap. which wont be going on till sport kit is done. should be sending the 16" sport wheels way for refdurb this week all going well. plan to get stud conversion as we've seen some tpi nuts we want

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
never again will i do it lol. theres a thread on here if its a sport getting a ph2 dash, ideally you need the phs2 dash bar/bracket. then airbags ccause adissue, so youd want phs 2 interior loom from one that has the same engine so the air bags fit, but saying that, i may be possible to split the phs2 airbag loom and join it to your phs1 loom, not really looked into it because im putting 2ltr in soon. door loom is different due to diferent electric window switches. heater pannel is different too. for mine a/c and recirculation doesnt work as ive not swapped the pins round yet. also need to sort thr window switches by either cut loom or get phs2 door loom

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Cheers. Just need to get wheels refurbed and ready for paint. Stripped one f4r down. Just need to sort the spare block then rebuild

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
had the cup spoiler painted and fitted. had my new pannels painted and mouldings/handles cc. getting fitted tomorrow all going well. which will then leave getting the 16s refurbed and get spacers and that the exterior completed

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
not much chance of that as im undecided whats happening with that. getting stripped.

WP_001748_zps33d0afb9.jpg

WP_001749_zpsb94e3a47.jpg

WP_001750_zpsafd0cd4c.jpg

WP_001751_zps37f2621c.jpg

WP_001752_zpsc710d91d.jpg

WP_001753_zps926a334a.jpg

WP_001755_zps3ab4d552.jpg

WP_001756_zps9688d113.jpg

WP_001761_zps02dec733.jpg

as youll notice the paint supplier fucked up the match from our sample. slightly disappointing but theres a few dents etc needing sorted on the shell anyway so its getting redone all in one go.

next is fitting the wide track and f/r brake set up. with braided lines in preparation to the 2.0 conversion

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Just need to clean and paint the block. Fit belts and pully. And get new crank pully. Sending alternator away to be rewound to give bigger out put.
2013-11-16152036_zps0752dfdf.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Actually seen this about a fair few times. In Falkirk retail park (shopping/during the day...not at the cruise lol) and once on the road heading through towards Rosyth way from Kincardine. Never thought to ask if it was anyone's on here. Looks so awesome though!

Do you never get problems with speedbumps? Or can you just raise the car up if you need to?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Raises to an extent. But not a great deal on the front. Speed bumps don't give any hassle