ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PIAA Xtreme sidelights fitted!

Silver Clio 182ff +packs
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my motor with some PIAA H222 Xtreme 5w sidelight bulbs fitted (for reference). I originally purchased the piaa led's but upon recieving and fitting them they looked properly carp...way too blue (and 1 was broken anyway).

So I sorted a refund and got these bulbs instead, without having to worry about whether they'll melt or blow after a couple of weeks! They look really good too, the photos will dont do them justice. Certainly a good option for people bothered about putting LED's in.

DSCF0279.gif

DSCF0281.gif

Tangoed Works
looking good mate. Got similar PIAA ones my self, the eco friendly 1W ones lol. had to splice the supplied resistor pack into the +ve feed as well, but they are s**t hot.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
i put £5 white led's in n they wer blueish so got rid n went back 2 standard

I've got the sidelights in the original post - have lasted well, over a year at least, but the blue paint stuff has come off when Mr Anal MOT Tester said they were too blue and made me swap them over, meaning it came off on my fingers :rolleyes:

Have never been pulled with them though - they are like a light, sky-blue rather than a chav "pull me" dark blue :)

Silver Clio 182ff +packs
Yeah I remember seeing your original thread actually (White16valver) cheers.

And good call about the blue paint on them, will use a tissue or rubber glove (nice!) when I have to remove them.

That must have been a really anal MOT man! Like you say they are a nice colour light, the xenons themselves have much more blue in them! The lenses on mine may have made a difference though (being fully clear?)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have a set of the PIAA LED bulbs fitted and they give a really bluey white light as White16Valver said there not the sort of blue that will get you stopped every five mins.