ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic of my Cup i didn’t want to see

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sorry to hear that, ye like 80 mph is dangerous on a motorway.. what a bunch of f**king loosers this goverment is.. Isnt there something you can do about front facing cameras .. cause they are taking a picture of your face im sure I heard you can take it to the European court of human rights.

172 Cup

It was in Wales. Anyone heard the story about Wales Police doing a load of Rally spectators for speeding? They got me aswell. It was a van parked in a layby at the side of a dual carriageway.

Worst thing is they got me twice, 45 mins apart so another photo should arrive in the post tomorrow.

Mr2 Roadster

Dont know if you care much, but I have had 2x 3points (6 in total) for speeding and it makes no difference to my insurance... I asked them and they confirmed it to me!

Just a pain to send off your licence and all that rubbish... :(

172 Cup

I am in the process of arguing the case as the NIPs they sent were 2 months out of date and not within the 14 day limit. They were no warning signs and there are no lines on the road so how do I know that i WAS doing 81mph?

172 Cup

I did and it was alot more than 81mph.

Weird thing is I did notice the vans at the last minute and naturally slammed on the brakes but both cameras got me at 81mph. Big coincidence!!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by griff_90 on 14 August 2003

It was in Wales. Anyone heard the story about Wales Police doing a load of Rally spectators for speeding? They got me aswell. It was a van parked in a layby at the side of a dual carriageway.

Worst thing is they got me twice, 45 mins apart so another photo should arrive in the post tomorrow.
Griff mate, the Welsh police are well known for being harsh on speeding motorists.

I was lucky when I went to the Rally last year. I drove the last leg of the journey there and one of my mates drove back :D and as he wasnt familiar with the car he took it really easy.

I did however get done exactly the same way as you last September. They were in a camera van on a bridge over the motorway heading out of Wales. I was rushing back to pick some c*w up from the airport, but there was to torrential rain so I was taking it easy :confused: at 86mph!!! Okay I know, not clever, but the roads were completely empty so only myself to take out!!

A few days later I got an email off my mate who Id been visiting with a press cutting about all these anti speeding vans in the area and where they were!! Useless b*****d, he could have told me before I left.

Anyway, enough ramblings, shame you got caught out too mate.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Note to self, must get that special paint from the russian bloke

172 Cup

Cheers Lee could just do without giving them £120. Typical first time to south wales in the car and I get done twice.

The Daily Mail has been running features on Wales Police and their anti speeding (ahem money making) campaign saying how much money they made and how other crimes such as burglary has gone through the roof.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

would that be that radar absorbing stuff ? I wonder what would happen if you drove with the same angles as the stealth bomber, and painted it in that stuff.. would you be able to fly past gatsos .. hmmm

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 14 August 2003

wot these cameras luk like that take pics from front?

easily spotable?

Jay
If you mean the cameras that got me they were inside vans. Not marked and no back doors open either. Just a peice of one-way glass in the back door to let the camera operator see through.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Mate, you should come to SA.

getting cought doing 81 and being caught would get you a whopping 9 quid fine, zero points off your licence, zero added onto your insurance, and chances are theyd lose the fine in the system and youd never have to pay.

Hell, the average speed travelled on the motor way here is 86mph

viva la Africa

Bad luck griff - bit of a p*sser that. :(

Is it true that if you get caught twice in a very short period of time they will often only charge you once?

The Jinx

Griff, fight your case. They cannot do you once outside that 14 day period. That is the law, and theres feck all they can do. Try looking at http://www.pepipoo.comwww.pepipoo.com for some draft letters also.

Then ask them also to provide proof that the equipment was re-calibrated once theyd finished their tour of duty. They have to do this for all mobile units, including those distance/time devices in the plod cars, in order to confirm the accuracy.

this site http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/ also has all this in the ACPO guidelines.

But at the end of the day, it shouldnt get to the solicitor stage due to the 14 day window.

E87 118i

that reminds me to pay my fine, caught while traveling on holiday doing a measley 73km(45m) in a 60km (37.5m) zone, pisses me off. :(

Id say the car on the other side must have triggered it off by accident and yes http://www.pepipoowww.pepipoo is very good - you got done in May and they have 14 days to inform you in the first instance that they are gonna have you.

Also I would challenge it and say you want the stuff callibrated and to see the original picture etc.

Cheers

JC

were there any speed camera signs up ? i thought (by law) speed camera signs had to be displayed a a certian distance before the camera !!

& is it one of them ones where you can fill the details out but not sign it....& you should get away with it ?

I would deffinately fight ur case, because by law the police are given 14 days (+2 for postal delivery. So If you havent heard anything on the 17th day then it is a complete non-starter. Good luck mate!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Griff

The date on that pic at the top of the page is 24th May, so where has it been all this time?

So the police actually send you a pic then? I hadnt realised they did this.

172 Cup

Good question GR. About 2 weeks ago I had a letter saying I hadnt returned the NIPs they had sent me previosly. This came as something of a suprise as I hadnt received anything at all. I called them and they said "well send you 2 duplicates" but when they arrived they were dated 25th July and made no mention of being duplicates at all.

I wrote to the police saying they were 2 months out of date and they just said "we posted the original within the 2 week time period", i asked can you prove that and they said "we dont have to prove anything to you!" Charming!!