ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Pic Request** Cold air feed 172. Not Cup!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rite ladies/gents...Post away, i'm aware it's a b**ch to get a feed to the bumper, Think Eve's managed it, so pics of urs would be good mate. Chris? And a few others.
More the beta to be honest. It looks really tight in there and i'm struggin for idea's.

Ali

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Yep...you can post pics if you want jus for show off's sake but it's a lil more crowded on a 172 than on a cup.

VW ....
BMC.gif

BMC

typhoon.jpg

K&N Typhoon IIRC

I ran it where the second original air feed goes, that 1 near the headlamp

It gets cold air allright but I am always woried when it rain, but have not had problems yet

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yup. No probs Ali.

i have a viper and fog light relocation. Sounds reet good it does too, as Uncleiven, dutty and ben_p will tell you. :)

b64a55e7.jpg

57a77ad9.jpg

180590c1.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hummm, looks ace chris, but i'm not wantin to remove the foggy. Although i'll neva use them, i want to keep the front simple and uncluttered. Not sure where else it can go tho??

What about the Hillpower scoop? Looks like a downpipe spout with some wire mesh over it and on my car is cut into the wheelarch just in front of the wheel. Routing of a hose from the airbox to the front nearside corner then straight down is really easy - just a bit of a squeeze past the headlight.

Puddles worry me a little, but I can't believe water could defy gravity right up to the airbox.

Gareth

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sod the puddles, it's the wet/damn air you don't need...Let alone the spray on a rainey day!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i was just going to say that. how you get it down there with the air con ?

I'm looking for an original air pipe (just the section from the airbox to the valve) off a mk2 172. Will pay a fair price...

BMW E46 330i Touring
front.gif

Perhaps not as subtle as you want, but I like the way it hints at what's hidden under the bonnet and sounds awesome!

Tesla MP3 2021
carbon copy said:
yup. No probs Ali.

i have a viper and fog light relocation. Sounds reet good it does too, as Uncleiven, dutty and ben_p will tell you. :)

b64a55e7.jpg

57a77ad9.jpg

180590c1.jpg

and indeed it does.....lol (now also ben_p has put a viper on)..mint

E60 diesel powah
heard bens today in town, does sound mint, think im gettin a sport mid next year! but stil keepin 1.2

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
acrebo said:
front.gif

Perhaps not as subtle as you want, but I like the way it hints at what's hidden under the bonnet and sounds awesome!

hardcore!

lovely stuff.

one's a dummy right?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, yeah, the driver's side...

The previous owner fitted it and decided it looked a bit funny with just one fog so bought another intake pipe. I love it the way it is so no plans to change it just yet. :)

Tesla MP3 2021
i said i wasnt going to do alot of mooding to my 182...but hearing the 2.0ltr with a viper on makes me feel a little quesy...lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, do it!

The guy who I bought mine off has rolling road graphs showing 182bhp as standard and an increase to 196bhp with the Viper. So, even if the starting power is out, the increase is genuine!

For me it's the noise and looks that do it, the extra 14bhp is just a little bonus.

Tesla MP3 2021
cool....yeah you loose a little torque but it is made up with the bhp increase.....mite give admeral a ring tomorow..lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, he also fitted a custom exhaust which has reduced the power to 191bhp, but smoothed the power and torque more evenly over the range.

BMW E46 330i Touring
That's what I thought but these graphs are from a reputable rolling road so I can only believe what they say. Will get it R-roaded myself when I have the time though.

CLIO
i have a cold air feed,if you take all the gubbins out in the wheels arch theres plenty of room...cheers james

mines in the same place as norma^^^^^