ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

picking up new cup today!

BMW X5, Exige 260.

feel like a kid at Xmas - woke at 530 am.

hope it is worth it. Should be ready after lunch but Im gonna phone em and see if I can get my mits on it earlier.

whats the running in advice? other threads are inconclusive on the search, but the salesman when I ordered it reckoned you didnt even neeed to change the oil before the 12k service which seemed nuts to me, but then I havent had a new car for ages maybe things have moved on......

i can feel a trip to the Scottish highlands coming on for Easter weekend, now theres some roads!

Lee

BMW M2C

I took it easy for the first 625, then built it up to 1000 miles. I reckon Ill get an oil change at 3000 miles. They say its not needed, but its peace of mind for me.

S2000

Zoog,

Take it easy for 200 miles or so, then just let rip!!

Change the oil at 3000-4000 to some fully synth Ultra Helix, or the like!

I ripped it from day 1 and hasnt done it any harm - changed the oil at 6500 coz it was empty!!!! and stuck in a grp N green filter which has helped and makes it slightly but pleasantly noisier! enjoy.......

GR7

Shiny red R32

Zoog

Have you picked up your car yet?

Silly me, you wouldnt be on here if you had - youd be out testing it!

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Hi folks!

put 135 miles on her yesterday pm/eve.

initial impressions:

seats good actually but driving position not so for 62", gear lever too far away, plus wheel not optimum, but overall not too bad, just not as good as my old pug 1.9.

kept below 4000 revs, below 3500 for first 100 miles, noticeable looser after only 75 miles. good torque enabled decent progress, carrying speed thru corners

which takes me onto handling and grip: I never found the limits but the turn in is excellent very fast and pointy with very good feel, the car can change direction in an instant, go kart like, did some lovely shimmying thru roundabouts and chicanes without lifting/braking. Fast cornering seems very secure and the car is planted at all times. It is going to be great fun on tight twisty undulating roads, eg Wales, Yorkshire Dales Scotland, as well as sweeping A roads. (Motorways will be boring and noisy !)

Brakes: crap at start not bedded in but gradually inmproving, still need a couple hundred more toi be a their best. Interesting getting used to no ABS again, locked a front momentarily, with tell tale whisp of white smoke in the rear view mirror....

got some positive attention from some guys in a 172 on M25 clockwise betweem M2 and M20 turn offs, are u on here??? No "hassle" from anyone else though, which is nice really, didn;t want to be tempted to race on the first trip, tempting fate when u dont know the car and irts limits yet...

there doesnt seem to be a main beam flash? has to be clicked on and off which is too long if you see what I mean, maybe I didnt do it right.

I reckon the car looks better than I thought too, so overall i m well pleased!

thanks

Adrian

edit to add PS the wife amazingly couldnt find anything really to moan about it either which perhaps says more than i ever could.....!

I hope the cup is everthing you are wishing it will be and i am sure it will, I understand how you feel right now as i was driving everone mad last week waiting to pick up the williams last saturday couldnt sleep the whole sherbang.
Have a wicked day take it easy run it in well and enjoy.
Clare:D

Clio 197

Zoog,

Youll have to spend your holidays at the Nurburgring now. Not enough Clios running around there.

Enjoy.

Ed

996 Carrera

There is a main beam flash. If it clicks youve pulled it too far. Its annoying to start with when youre blinding everyone but youll get used to it - just like the driving position.

Alfa Mito 155TB

after 200 miles i was taking it up and down motorways at 100 - 120mph and intermittently high reving for short periods of time thru......I think running in is a thing of the past somewhat , but the car feels great on performance......had the 172 up to 144mph.....But enjoy it :)

Nissan R35 GT-R

RE: The main beam thing. When the headlights are on and you pull back the stalk, it will click and stay on. You have to pull it half way to flash on and off so it doesnt lock on.

You can pull it right back to flash when the lights are off though.

Happy Cuping!

BMW X5, Exige 260.

thanks for all the encouragement ...

It is excellent, not done much today - working all morning - but got a near 400 mile round trip to York on Monday so thatll get the running in out oif the way.

Clutch bites a bit high BTW.