ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of 1000 mile road trip in new CLIO 138

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Last Saturday, last pic of other halfs meggy before we picked up her new clio 138 at 14:30hrs
lastmegneday1000744tt5.jpg

40 mins later lol
1384ae7.jpg

newclio15yl7.jpg

Bags packed loaded up and off to the Lake District, with her indoors driving her new toy!
dsc01571mi0.jpg

Couple of arty pics in some of the passes and lake routes during the week.
s5031903hw5.jpg

s5031909og6.jpg

s5031916gx2.jpg

The clio is a superb cruiser silent at this speed.
dsc01617sz3.jpg

Spotted these pair, the silver one never moves, been in that same position the last 3 years we've been going up the lakes LOL
dsc01615oz4.jpg

s5031941iq9.jpg

This afternoon back at our home stinking of cow sh-t
s5032330ec5.jpg

After a good clean, could'nt resist double duo
s5032341dp4.jpg

And here's the final score after 7 days 4hrs 40 mins of ownership lol
s5032352bu7.jpg

Car has averaged 35 mpg, used 1/4 of the dipstick of oil, THATS OUR ROAD TRIP
THE END ;)

3.5k at 80mph isn't bad at all, i expect the mpg will improve when it loosens up. Very nice, the mk3s are growing on me.

M135i
glad to see you/your missus are enjoying the car. i drove one the other day again. it had 4k on the clock this time, very surprised how well its loosened up since i drove it last time.

Clio 138
Hi gtview

We've recently got a 138 and overall are happy with it, however the engine doesn't sound particularly smooth and feels a bit uneven/lumpy and there's a small but fairly constant vibration felt in the cabin which is most noticeable after idling for a few minutes.

I have no idea if this is normal as this is the only 138 I've driven, also we have just downsized from a discovery 3 so I expect that it wouldn't be as refined as that.

Do you experience anything similar? Or am I just being a bit too picky?!

Thanks,

ps - nice pics, the scenery is gorgeous

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Had a 197 for a day last year, lovely car but you have to rag it for it to go , also the gearing was too low for what the wife will be using the car for m/way 95% of the time. The 197s 18odd mph per 1000 rpm equates to busy engine at 80 cruise,also the mpg will a lot lower on the 197 due to this ,torque is high up revs, 5.5k (150 odd IBS) as opposed to the 138s 3.7k (143IBS), the 138 feels quicker on everyday driving which suits the way the wife drives, it pulls hard from low revs in every gear and is very relaxed on the m/way. Its hard to keep it under 90 on the cruise as the revs are so low due to long 6 th gear .As far as handling it copes well enough does not understeer but the steering is too light for me, not a lot of feel to it. What i do like is the gearbox 23 odd mph/1000rpm is great in top. What would a 197 be reving at at this speed, showing 125 at 5350 rpm, and it averages 35mpg so far with mixed driving. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A DIG AT THE 197. BEFORE PEOPLE START 197 OWNERS WILL KNOW WHERE I AM COMING FROM:approve:
s5032328la1.jpg

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Hi gtview

We've recently got a 138 and overall are happy with it, however the engine doesn't sound particularly smooth and feels a bit uneven/lumpy and there's a small but fairly constant vibration felt in the cabin which is most noticeable after idling for a few minutes.

I have no idea if this is normal as this is the only 138 I've driven, also we have just downsized from a discovery 3 so I expect that it wouldn't be as refined as that.

Thanks,

No funny noises on ours but we did have a little uneveness but thats gone now in the last 400 miles, i am running it on super unleaded (ultimate)though this might be why

Clio 138
Interesting....Had a feeling that it probably would even out a bit after more running in - will also start using super unleaded and see how it goes. Thanks

M

mini-valver

125 at 5250 is good! At 120 mine is at 6k, lol.
Would love to be revving that low at 80 too. Cabin looks really smart and the mk3's get better everytime i see them. Definately growers!

ClioIII 138 S
Hi gtview

Thanks,

No funny noises on ours but we did have a little uneveness but thats gone now in the last 400 miles, i am running it on super unleaded (ultimate)though this might be why

I run mine on optimax - no noises either.. just more raspy after 1k miles

MKIII 138
this is a great car mate. love it how the interior trim is better than the 197, the motorway crusing is better due to correct gearing and the mpg is improved. renault really dropped the ball with the 197 if it had te gearing of the 138 and interior trim parts etc.. it would be way more desireable.

idiots !

nice car, very nice. and RS-tuning can probably make it nearer St150 pace for you ;)

Clio 197
Yeah put the 182 in the garage and leave the 197 on the drive:lolup: , both look nice though;)