ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics of my clio

www.renparts.co.uk
Absolute Chav car.... why bother? What do you want people to think when they see you in that? Looks Garbage!

al

ST on the way...
Bit OTT for me, but can appreciate the work that went into it.

Nice colour tho.

Saw you at Trax on the way in.

mini-PICT0080.jpg

mini-PICT0079.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
shoulda got them skirts smoothed in!

The paint job looks like it has been applied awesomely, but its flip paint, which was great in the 1990s lol.

Not sure on the kit, I think it would look rather normal if it wasnt for the expensive paint, but the work looks too have been carried out to a great standard, and change those rear lights and wheels!

Clio DCi 65
if they said that about putting the 2ltr kit on you should of stuck a vee kit on lol

Doesnt seem like 10k's worth,

How much was that kit?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
if they said that about putting the 2ltr kit on you should of stuck a vee kit on lol

How much was that kit?

believe me it mounts up!

Prob £1,200 for kit, lights, etc etc

£1,000 for fitting

£3,000 for poaint

£1,200 for wheels/ tyres/ suspension

£400 for number plate

Exhausts £400

To be honest I've spent about £10k, I've had ALOT more bodywork, more expensive rims, alarm, stereo, seats, suspension, a more expensive kit to start with, but I havent got a fancy flip paint job.

How much was that kit?

The 10k is for other bits like audio, number plate etc. About a third of the 10k was on the paint alone.
The kit when i add all the bits up comes to about 1900/2000.

Also everything has been done by experts. eg it was lowered and had wheels done using lasers to ensure perfect allignment, etc. This is why everything was so expensive, as everything has been done to the highest possible standards

LY V6 with Recaros
Nice paint job, not really my thing, but it looks like it's all been done properly, and it's certainly different!

How much was that kit?

believe me it mounts up!

Prob £1,200 for kit, lights, etc etc

£1,000 for fitting

£3,000 for poaint

£1,200 for wheels/ tyres/ suspension

£400 for number plate

Exhausts £400

To be honest I've spent about £10k, I've had ALOT more bodywork, more expensive rims, alarm, stereo, seats, suspension, a more expensive kit to start with, but I havent got a fancy flip paint job.

Thanks for defending my car mate, i appreciate that. :)

Ive also noticed a few people saying its a total chav car. If it was a chav clio then it would have all or some of the following: wheels too wide that they stick out from the arches, bumpers which look way too big for the car and stick out a mile at the front or back and look like have been colour matched by micky mouse, a huge exhaust which looks like its been forced under the bumper and looks rediculous, lowered so much it looks like the suspension has collapsed, etc etc.

I think youll agree mine has none of those, and doesn't look like its been done on a budget of about £100 unlike a lot of chav cars. I think all of the lines on my car flow nicely and looks like some thought has gone into the styling. I know the spoiler is a bit high but i dont think it looks too bad, once you get used to it.

I respect people's opionions but i just wanted to offer some defence for my car, thats all and im not telling you your opinions are wrong in any way.

Last edited:
umm no ta I'd be embarrased driving that...as long as you like it though.

I can understand that mate, the attention does get a bit annoying after a while. you have to like people staring at you (which sometimes i dont).
Saying that though i wouldn't change the car for the world;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Wow! I absolutely love it!! The colour is amazing. I like the rear lights, but then I am biased as I have lexus rear lights too. I don't like the spoiler much, but each to their own I say. I do kind of like the wheels but I reckon she would look the mutts nuts with some serious multi spokes on her, OZ Super T GT's or similar I think. Other than that, spot on mate, love it! :D

Oh and, Hubby says he likes it too and that is quite a compliment coming from him. ;)

Wow! I absolutely love it!! The colour is amazing. I like the rear lights, but then I am biased as I have lexus rear lights too. I don't like the spoiler much, but each to their own I say. I do kind of like the wheels but I reckon she would look the mutts nuts with some serious multi spokes on her, OZ Super T GT's or similar I think. Other than that, spot on mate, love it! :D

Oh and, Hubby says he likes it too and that is quite a compliment coming from him. ;)

Thanks very much. I personally dont like multispoke alloys, as their a pain to clean, and can look quite boring depending on what they are.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +

Thanks very much. I personally dont like multispoke alloys, as their a pain to clean, and can look quite boring depending on what they are.

Fair comment mate, they are a bugger to clean. We all have different tastes and thats what makes life interesting. I am definitely liking you car though, she's a real head turner. Nice work mate.

Flame Red 172!
I have to agree with most on here mate that it's not my cup of tea...However, you can definitely see that you've spent alot of money on it and I have to say that although I just couldn't do it to my car (attention would do my nut in and I love it as is!) the paint job is the shizzle dizzle, looks like excellent quality work indeed.

Can kinda see what people are saying about the chavesqueness of it but believe me, living where I live in Essex...you really get to see what chav/boy-racer really is...skirts half superglued on, flakey paintwork, burberry caps, etc...

You're obviously real proud of it mate so well done...Now get it sold and buy a 172 ASAP! ;)

I have to agree with most on here mate that it's not my cup of tea...However, you can definitely see that you've spent alot of money on it and I have to say that although I just couldn't do it to my car (attention would do my nut in and I love it as is!) the paint job is the shizzle dizzle, looks like excellent quality work indeed.

Can kinda see what people are saying about the chavesqueness of it but believe me, living where I live in Essex...you really get to see what chav/boy-racer really is...skirts half superglued on, flakey paintwork, burberry caps, etc...

You're obviously real proud of it mate so well done...Now get it sold and buy a 172 ASAP! ;)

if only i could afford one mate. Id love one though and would cherish it like i do with lusty clio.:rasp: (id make sure it never goes over 4000 rpm, just to be kind to it)

Last edited:
  Turbos.
In my eyes, there is just too much going on. The sideskirts look like they're hanging off and the amount of lines, lights and gaping holes in the front just doesn't work for me.

I think the paintwork offers enough visual drama without the kit being needed.

fiesta 1.25
Bit of a waste of money in my opionin you could have got a 172 and insured it for 3 years for that price.10 grand spent on top of a 6 grand car why?Just my opinion dont mean to offend you!

Flame Red 172!
Bit of a waste of money in my opionin you could have got a 172 and insured it for 3 years for that price.10 grand spent on top of a 6 grand car why?Just my opinion dont mean to offend you!

Totally valid point there...

Also, there would be absolutely no point in having a 172 if you're not gonna take it above 4000rpm...5000 is where the fun starts!!!! :evil:

Go on, just get one...you would not be disappointed...seriously...plus if you get a nice one (only talking about £5-5.5k) you'll be turning heads anyway (but for all the right reasons!) in fact most people will get whiplash from having to turn their heads so fast to catch a look! :D

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
belter mate, how u manage to get the centre exit tho? you lose your spare tyre weld? what company fitted it for you? Cheers Simon

The exhaust was done by 3 comapnies- Tailpipe was from k-tec, powerflow silencer, and all assembley and pipework done by custom chrome. Total cost about £400, it sounds amazing though- makes a high pitched rasp which echoes in built up areas.

If you look at the pic u can see it sweeps round past the rear left wheel so takes same line as the original, then runs along the bottom of the rear bumper, where it meets the tailpipe.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Not my cuppa at all, but its obvious that the work has been done to a very high standard, it shows, so credit is due there!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Fantastic paint job- bet that cost a bit??
I started off my car life with heavy mods but since toned down.
I like it, looks smart-your problems are going to come when you decide you want something quicker??-sell it or engine transplant!
exactly what happen to me but decided to change cars.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
paint job is one of few ive seen where it looks any good... no patch's of filler etc.. quality paint job

liquidized RacingBlue 182
i acctually like it i woodnt go for a kitted car myself but goood effort and as long as u like it at the end of the day and the paint work thumbs up!!

ant

yep.
I paid £6750 for the car brand new, and had to get a small engine as i was only 18 2 yrs ago and insurance would have raped me if i went any bigger engine wise.

so you can afford 10k to do it up but not 2k ish to insure a 182?

strange.

I paid £6750 for the car brand new, and had to get a small engine as i was only 18 2 yrs ago and insurance would have raped me if i went any bigger engine wise.

so you can afford 10k to do it up but not 2k ish to insure a 182?

strange.

Yeah just after i bought the car, i had £0 left, and gradually saved up and 5 months later did wheels, exhaust, lowered, some bodybits colour coded and fitted etc. That 10k spent is over 2 years doing bits at a time.

To be honest i wouldn't want a 172 at the mo anyway, one for insurance purposes and also i couldn't afford to run it petrol, services etc.

paint job is one of few ive seen where it looks any good... no patch's of filler etc.. quality paint job

The key to these paint jobs is in preperation. The car was in the bodyshop 5 weeks and 4 of these were stripping it down to bare shell (door handles off, every bolt that covered some paint basically) and preparing them.

It had about 3 coates of black base coat and 4 coats of flip paint, then about 5 litres of lacquer. Some people try to do it cheaply by giving it only a couple of coates of flip max, and this is when it looks patchy.

Some people have said a should have smoothed in the skirts but this involves using filler, which overtime cracks and looks horrible.
If ever the skirts get damaged and need replacing at least its easier with them not smoothed in.

RB 197 fatty
Im afraid its nother 'not my cuppa' over here. but again, each to there own, and the work looks very well done.

and it seems the reason you did it was to turn heads and be different, and hands up if you drove past, id turn my head and think wow thats different! ...........

............. and ugly, but thats beside the point!

as long as you like it! just dont put anymore fibregass on it or it might float and sail away when it rains!!!

RB 197 fatty
Im afraid its nother 'not my cuppa' over here. but again, each to there own, and the work looks very well done.

and it seems the reason you did it was to turn heads and be different, and hands up if you drove past, id turn my head and think wow thats different! ...........

............. and ugly, but thats beside the point!

as long as you like it! just dont put anymore fibreglass on it or it might float and sail away when it rains!!!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
as everyone else says, paint job is v.good by the looks of it but there is just too much doing on and make the car look a lot bigger than it should do!