ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my V6, back from K-Tec

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I guess he just wanted comments on his car, and not wanting comparisons to other makes of cars which would make the thread turn into a drag war and which cars handle better than a V6 etc etc. like they usually tend to. Car is sweet. Prefer the look of the MkII to be honest, but thats probably the nicest Mk1 I've seen. Wheels look tidy too.

172 Cup SOLD
Scutch said:
I guess he just wanted comments on his car, and not wanting comparisons to other makes of cars which would make the thread turn into a drag war and which cars handle better than a V6 etc etc. like they usually tend to. Car is sweet. Prefer the look of the MkII to be honest, but thats probably the nicest Mk1 I've seen. Wheels look tidy too.

that is exactly true

i've known kriss for many years now and there was nothing spiteful meant in the comments, it's just when he posted that he was getting a v6 on another forum before, he got carpeted for it, sayin why waste your money, cheaper cars, like cups would destroy it on the road etc etc

i think he's just fed up with people telling him what car HE should drive, rather than being just being happy for him, if you get my drift.

anyway..........he's gunna find out first hand how much of an arse whoopin my cup's gunna give him at FCS!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I personally don't think hes being arrogant. If he hadn't have written that, then there would have been countless 172/182 owners (present company excluded;)) saying "save some money and buy a 2.0, spend the rest on mods"

I personally think the car looks the tits!! Love the exhaust, and the ph2 bits on the back, and i think the wheels make it look.... well.....different!

Fair play to you kriss!

MKIII 138
Originally Posted by Dan x2c
if you get my drift.

and thats exactly the beauty of a Vee!!! Looks mint mate, V6 is always something special!

actually thats the horror not the beauty, it doesnt drift it doesnt power slide, it 360`s if you lose the backend and you could die if you drive too fast in one where as the 172/182 are very easy to drive at speed. RWD cars should have balance and good weight distribution the v6 doesnt.. its a fat momma with a over egged but comically impressive look, it looks like a remote controlled car.

133/225/CLS AMG
Looks sweet mate, there's always other cars you can buy for X amount of money but you just buy what you wanna buy!! I can understand not appreciating comparisons to the other RS models.

By the way the motor looks sweet, V6's always turn plenty heads and with a few touches makes it different to the other examples. Thumbs up from me!!

Clio v6 & Atom 300
Love it! But I am biased!;)

The V6 is for someone who likes to be different! There REALLY is no car from a mainstream manufacturer to compare! :approve:

Peter:D

133/225/CLS AMG
No other manufacturer put their neck out like Renault did when they built the Clio V6!!!!

I'd have gone for a V6 but the Megane 225 was more practical!! lol If I ever have the spare cash I'd spank it on a V6 Clio. :D

he didnt drive it on the normal brakes, his only just got the car..

to the person saying he is being arrogant, stop being an ass, the guy obviously didnt want to be reading s**t comments like the one you yourself posted, oh and im pretty sure kriss paid less than half off the 30k price tag you put up on the car...

PH1 172
Love this car mate sounds awesome especially when being passenger around Brands Hatch. The exhasts have opened up alot and is an awesome sound

Nice one mate

Jap Shed
kriss said:
picked it up on Monday with my buddy and drove all the way home to London. Absolutely love it.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

v6closerear.jpg

rearv6.jpg

Let me know what you all think of it. Comparrisons to cups, valvers etc will be ignored so dont waste you time.

Has the new OZ ultraleggras, ceramic brakes, new k-tec exhuast (1st one ever) and a few other touches.

you must have given ktec loads of £££££ mate!! wish i could afford to spend that much in one go!

when I see the Mk1, as there was one for sale the other day near to me.. I loved it, didnt look dated at all. The bonnet that comes down to the bumper more looks nicer than all the plastic on the newer one imo. I just like the idea of less plastic and more metal. Looks good! But i even like them totally standard and still think silver is the best colour.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I Would never buy a mark 1

Far too many better cars out there for the money.

A mark 2 is a differant story,if I had the money I would buy one tomorrow.

Bought my CUP cos its the best performance car you can buy for the money.

Sorry I mentioned the word CUP but sorry mate they are a far better buy than a mark 1 V6 and thats a fact.

Last edited:
CUPCRAZY said:
Sorry I mentioned the word CUP but sorry mate they are a far better buy than a mark 1 V6 and thats a fact.
I never heard any of the crowd at Donington last week go whooo when the only 172 Cup went past ;)

M

M7CUO_V6

Nice mate, like the wheels and im picky about wheels!

Exhaust looks fecking sweet too, i would have one, mines quite corroded, just dont want ruin the awsome noise it makes(which a CUP does'nt 'CUPCRAZY':rasp: ) in any way, would def have to hear one on a car before buying one.

p.s That photo above is a bit scary:eek:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
for those of you saying that a Mk1 has crap handling, they can be tamed, you just need to be a good driver.

and for those that compare it to a Cup (lol), well you obviously don't get the point of the V6. Obviously get confused as to why so many Cup owners have upgraded to a V6 ;)

Cupcrazy - I don't tihnk you get the idea of the v6 tbh.
They look fooking awesome, deffo turn more heads than any cup could. I'm not sure how they drive, i'm going out in one over the weekend to find out :cool:

I've always liked them since the press pics years ago.