ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of your side mounted bucket seat mounts

Hi there

Wonder if you people could help I'm after some pictures of how people have mounted there side mounted bucket seats into a phase 1 172, I have cobra evolution seats and side mounts just need to see how people have fitted them as want the driving position to be nice and low and solid mounted no runners

Cheers ian

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Side mounts onto a subframe, such as OMP or some people have custom frames to be as low as possible. I belive Cobra do xlow frames or at least did at some point! Im running an OMP for the passenger and an xlow old skool GDI subframe for my Suzuka.

Yea have seen the Omp ones but I'm not paying the money they want for them, if people have some pictures a mate of mine can knock me some up at work

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Side mounts onto a subframe, such as OMP or some people have custom frames to be as low as possible. I belive Cobra do xlow frames or at least did at some point! Im running an OMP for the passenger and ax xlow old skool GDI subframe for my Suzuka.

I'm looking at getting some Cobra X-low frames!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yea have seen the Omp ones but I'm not paying the money they want for them, if people have some pictures a mate of mine can knock me some up at work

And they are the cheapest ones really! They must be some pics around here mate, however fitted pics arnt gunna help you really?!

Qashcow
Here's a couple of mine, bolted to a strip of steel then all bolted to the box sections on the floorpan.

P1030755.gif

DSC00603.gif

2009_02_15_0221.gif

So in theory I can bolt my side mounts to the box section? Just by drilling straight through and using spreader plates,

Aren't omp mounts 120 ish?

Qashcow
Yep, depending how far back you need the seat you may need to use some steel lengths like I have so you can bolt it all to both box sections. Mines been good for 2 years or so

Looks like the carpet is coming out Tuesday so I can have a proper look then and get y seats mounted, do you have any closer pics if possible?

Qashcow
Not at the minute, but the seats are out at the moment so will pop into the garage and take some pics tomorrow for you