ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipe into master cylinder weeping fluid

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I’ve noticed the front pipe into the master cylinder is weeping/leaking fluid. I’ve tried just nipping it up a touch more but it’s already tight. Typically I’ve a got a track day on Thursday. I’m worried it’s going to need a new pipe. Any suggestions for a temp fix ?
5912695338d66e32c62579004bf4cfdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I couldn’t decide when looking by eye if it was

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I will try slackening it off - hopefully it isn’t stripped

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Try roughing up the flare on the brake pipe so it seats and squashes nicely. Wiggle the pipe as you tighten too so the ferrule doesn't catch the edge of the flare

@JamesBryan threads do have a slight downwards pitch you flid ;) 😂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Try roughing up the flare on the brake pipe so it seats and squashes nicely. Wiggle the pipe as you tighten too so the ferrule doesn't catch the edge of the flare

@JamesBryan threads do have a slight downwards pitch you flid ;) 😂

I know that! But it looks more than normal.

A bit like when one of my rear caliper lines went in a bit pissed and wouldn't seal up.

Even if you go off the head of the nut, it's still slightly off.

Screenshot 2021-03-28 131340.png

Last edited:

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Is the front pipe the front circuit?

Cross threaded and the flare has not seated properly, might need a new line if the flare has been squashed and misshaped. This is a possibility because... I did the same 😅

When threading the fitting back in it should be very easy to turn all the way until it bottoms out.