ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads scam?

Yesterday i decided to advertise my car on pistonheads for £1500, link below;

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/111440.htm

i had advertised it at a high price, as im not really in a rush to sell, i was really just seing if there was actually any interest in it.

well i recieved a txt message this morning, which was sent from a user of tiscali, saying he was interested. He wanted to know the current condition and what was the least i was going to let it go for. He gave me an email address to reply to

I replied generally telling him about the condition etc

i then recieved this email;

Hello Ben ,

Thanks for the reply,

Hopefull i've made arrangement for the pick up ok..the Price is okay by me i offer you £1,600.Because my wife love the car so much.anyway,i will like you to remove the ad from the website and give me your contact details so we can proceed with payment and so other people will see it has been sold. cos my client in UK who is owning me the some of £5500 will be one to issue out the payment to you, I may now ask him to procure a banker draft in your name for this amount and have it issue to you.you will deduct the total cost of your car from it and £100 for your compesation towards this transaction.But i must count on you to send my remaining balance of the money back to my friehgt forwarder(Shipper) for home to come for the pickup in your location via a western union money transfer. I will then instruct my shipping agent to come over to your location in order to pick the car for shipment.If this is OK please e-mail me now with

YOUR FULL NAME ...
CONTACT ADDRESS ....
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER
YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER..

so that i can forward this to my client immediately for him to issue out the payment without any delay. i look forward to hear back from you.
Remain Bless in God.
Benson

this has to be a scam! he doesnt sound english, and he wants to pay me more than im actually asking for!!

my number plate was shown in the pictures i posted:S

what do you think, just ignore it?

Last edited:
  BMW M3
Yes, he will need the 100 first. Then a further 500 for the shipper but he will give you an extra 500 when he pays ofcourse....

Tell hi to politely stick a marrow up his...

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Remain Bless In God. <<<<< what the hell does that mean?

if they are going to con someone, the least they could do is learn some decent english.

Dumb f*****s.!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
What I have been told happens is, the money goes into your account + extra, you then as agreed send him the extra (prob by westion union) then the funds he transferred into your account get withdrawn because its reported as stolen or simular. You then cant get the cash back you sent via weston union. I find it hard to belive people fall for it, I would be tempted to do it if I lived in a s**t hole and saw what's considered rich conutries soo easy to scam.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
He could at least pick a different car, i mean who would believe some one would go through all that for a 1.4 clio RT

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I had loads of these when I was selling my Unlces car on Autotrader for him. I ignored them all of course. f*****s!

PUG 106 RALLYE
Its been going for about 4 years, so easy to spot, I replied to one ages
ago telling them where to stick it only to recive a Email from the National
Crime squad telling me not to.

Clio 182 Trophy
Nigerian con merchants, they do it on Ebay all the time. Did anyone see Graham Norton last night? He had a guest on who plays them at there own game and gets them to take pics of themselves with a password for I.D. but he takes the piss with it. One guy had 'I like sailors' hand written on his T shirt and another was holding a board with 'I eat turds' on it.

Scammers. I'd like to batter the f**k out of all of them!

Always bloody Nigerian! Well all the ones that have hijacked my ebay auctions are!

CJ

Blue ph1 172
That's why Nigerians can't open bank accounts in this country without tonnes of references, I.d and will not get credit.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Its obviously a scam, but I would change the title of your thread as it sounds like its pistonheads who have the scam.

Its obviously a scam, but I would change the title of your thread as it sounds like its pistonheads who have the scam.

yeah sorry for confusuion, i dont know how to change the title, but feel free to change it if you can?

i was 99% sure it was a scam, i cant believe how anybody can fall for it though!:S

thanks for the confirmation