ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

plastic trim - running cables

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, probably been covered in some far and distant thread but never the less.

Going to be running my cable down the passenger side of the car. Doing this tonight. I need to run all 4 sets. Power (4AWG), RCA's, Remote and speaker wire.

The plastic sills look ideal, how do they come off?

Would like a brief idea before I dive into it tonight. What tools will i need if any?

Had a bried look last night, look like the lower seat belt bar type arrangement needs to be temporarily removed, rear seats out???

Anything else.

Cheers

Sean

Clio 1.2
I thought that you had to run the power cable on its own down one side, and the RCA and remote wire together along the otherside of the car?

But i'm not 100%

The trim just prises up. No tools. Maybe a flatheaded screwdriver for a bit of prising assistant.

Never above 25mpg
They say you need to run the remote wire down the right hand side of the car and the power and rca's down the left but all my wires are down the left hand side and when i had my sub 6x9s they worked perfec

They say you need to run the remote wire down the right hand side of the car and the power and rca's down the left but all my wires are down the left hand side and when i had my sub 6x9s they worked perfec

It's good practice to seperate the rca's and the power leads. Yes they will still work however having them all on the one side can effect the sound quality. Although using 6x9's I guess there's no sound quality to diminish in the first place ;)

Focus RS Mk1
lol, running them down opposte sides is a myth and is absolute bullshit! 100% fact.

Ive always ran my cables next to each other and never EVER had problem with inferance or qaulity.

Whoever told you lot that knows nothing!

did it last night with little problems...although was a tight sqeeuze to get it all down their!