ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play in Gear Stick

Clio II 1.4 16v
Hi guys,
I recently bought a Clio II 2005 a few months ago and noticed my gear stick wobbles a lot. I've read up about it and found it's common for it to wobble around but no other threads mention the exact symptoms I'm experiencing.

It bounces around while engaging and disengaging the clutch, and if it's being held while engaging and accelerating (I know it's not meant to be held) the tension of the transmission can be felt through the gearstick (the gearstick pushes against my hand) until the clutch is released which causes it to wiggle all over the place by itself.

This is my first car so I have little knowledge of my own, can anyone explain whether this is normal or if it needs to be checked out?

Thanks.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can get a kit to rebuild the shifter mechanism as well can't you?

Might be worth doing both at the same time.

Clio II 1.4 16v
Alright I'll look up the dogbone mount and check it out, thanks.
Any idea where I can find the kits if I need one? My guess will be Ebay unless there are better options haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I can get you an Evol dogbone mount if needed mate. £35 delivered. The seller used to be on here. I set a group buy up few weeks back with great success. Improved over the standard feel. Have a search on here :)

But any questions feel free to ask

Clio II 1.4 16v
I'll take a look at the existing dogbone mount tomorrow and see what condition it's in!
Thanks for the help mate, I'll let you know if I need to buy another ;P Cheers