ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

play in my bearings

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
rite i have the usual droanign wen turning prob with my car sent it 2 mechainc he noticed top mounts were fucked so i paid him 2 do them but he cudnt solve the droaning, he said it was nothign 2 worry about and deal with it, but it got worse the day after so just went to the local car park and jacked up the drivers side and tried the wheel eobble, i got wobble wen i held it left and right but not at all wen top and bottom (im suspectign there was wobble on left and right coz of the steering, then i went to the passenger side and tried it and got a wobble wen i held the wheel top and bottom it was very slight but was defo there, also wen i spun the wheel there was an on and off griding noise very faintly, so it is 100 percent my passenger side bearing isnt it? also the noise comes frm the footwell area of passenger side, so any idea on price of new bearing?

clio rsi turbo, phase 2
def bearing, go to motorist discount place an ask for a price, or a garage if you cant do it yourself

Got mine replaced the other day cost me £46 jus for the bearing. Was sum small parts company in the East of Scotland

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Re: play in my bearings,

i cud do it myself i reckon but obviously will need 2 garage with a press 2 take old bearign out and press new bearign into the hub. will a garage b happy 2 do this 4 me?

Last edited:
  Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
Patrick_g46 said:
rite i have the usual droanign wen turning prob with my car sent it 2 mechainc he noticed top mounts were f**ked so i paid him 2 do them but he cudnt solve the droaning, he said it was nothign 2 worry about and deal with it, but it got worse the day after so just went to the local car park and jacked up the drivers side and tried the wheel eobble, i got wobble wen i held it left and right but not at all wen top and bottom (im suspectign there was wobble on left and right coz of the steering, then i went to the passenger side and tried it and got a wobble wen i held the wheel top and bottom it was very slight but was defo there, also wen i spun the wheel there was an on and off griding noise very faintly, so it is 100 percent my passenger side bearing isnt it? also the noise comes frm the footwell area of passenger side, so any idea on price of new bearing?
just got a front one quoted today was 18 pounds sterling :)

but turns out i will be buying a rear one lol

Patrick_g46 said:
i cud do it myself i reckon but obviously will need 2 garage with a press 2 take old bearign out and press new bearign into the hub. will a garage b happy 2 do this 4 me?

yes a local garage sed they would do it for £15 ideal :)

where u located mate?