ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation 4 announcement 20th February?

Goliath I
As long as it comes with an actual controller and I don't gave to jump around the room like Action Man just to play a game, then I'm listening...

dk

911 GTS Cab
I disagree.

The last console I bought was the Wii on release date, for some reason I have just not been grabbed by the PS3 or Xbox 360.....I was close a couple of times but didn't.

Not sure but I don't get the same excitement about them anymore.

FYI I have been "in" since the ZX80 and have had home computers/PC's/consoles ever since.

Roy/David, can the next gens re light my fire?
Tbh, I've got bored of both my ps3 and 360, neither have been on for months, in fact the most action they get is the ps3 comes out of Boxing Day to play singstar and a quiz game when the family are all around instead of a board game.

I just don't have the inclination to play games that much these days, even COD only keeps me hooked for a matter of hours. Hopefully GTA5 will help, but even the last GTA didn't get that much gameplay.

So a new console (no doubt I'll still buy both) will need to offer something special to get me hooked again.

Bumder With A Buffer
Have had consoles for years and years. Right back from the Mastersystem/Megadrive days.

Last year I decided to build myself a decent PC to play some games on.

I must say graphically PC trumps both my Piss3 and sexbox. And I re-bought all the games I like to play on PS3 on the PC (Skyrim, Fallouts, Crysis etc). BUT I still like the consoles for how easy you can pick up and play them without having random crashes like appear on PC games for some random and seemingly unapparent reason.

Which do I prefer though?? TBH I dont really know, I want to say consoles for their ease of turning on and getting online with relatively no issues, but I do prefer playing online on the PC as the people you play with are generally a bit more, how do i put it, "grown up". No shouting or random music blared out down mics and seemingly relatively no lag experienced as of yet.

BG Clio 182
Not really interested in the next gen consoles, yet still plenty of life in the current systems IMO.

Never above 25mpg
New Xbox will be with me when it comes out! Had an Xbox since 2006 and certainly overdue an upgrade!

I'd no doubt purchase a PS4. My PS3 gets used everyday for media/TV viewing so i do hope PlayTV is compatible.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sega Dreamcast II is where it's at...

...I wish. I would love to see Sega back in the hardware manufacturing game but, alas, it won't happen.

Jap Box
Wont be getting the PS4 myself. PSN is terrible, even if its free the connection is shoddy, slow and the store is beyond crap!

The update that included cinivia protection pissed me off too seeing as I only really used it to play movies and that cancels playback.

XMB is always slow for me too and the fact it tells you when someone goes offline always seemed pointless and annoying. Plus Sony will put some kind of huge pricetag on this for release when it will more than likely be filled with bugs that need fixing but it will take them months to patch it.

Always loved Sony but the PS3 was a flop.

Rant over.

E36 328
Always loved Sony but the PS3 was a flop.

Not sure about that, but I agree with everything else you've said.

Not just the PSN but also the firmware. What the f**k is with the chat???? It's slow, the web browser literally barely even works, none of the tv players work properly which I can only attribute to it being too hard/impossible for the developers to make anything good for the system. Hate it. Hate it.

Bus w**ker
supposed to be around £200-250 i think.

I'd not pay attention to the Japanese pricing rumours, the PS3 went on general sale here at £425 but in Japan it was only ~£250. I bought my fat 60Gb from NYC and that cost $599 (exchange was over 2:1 then). I'd fully expect the PS4 to be around the £300-400 region when it comes out over here - unless they also release with a budget model, which is always possible.

Not sure about that, but I agree with everything else you've said.

Not just the PSN but also the firmware. What the f**k is with the chat???? It's slow, the web browser literally barely even works, none of the tv players work properly which I can only attribute to it being too hard/impossible for the developers to make anything good for the system. Hate it. Hate it.

TBH I'd fully agree with everything Kerry said, I used to defend my PS3 to the hilt but when PSN went down and I bought a 360 I saw just how badly flawed the console and network was. I couldn't even tell you when I last turned mine on, probably not since I got my 360.

dk

911 GTS Cab
US version is supposed to be $350, which would make it about £250-300 here i guess. Maybe £299?

Is their a spec list for this anywhere?

The PS3 is awesome on the whole IMO will be good to see what they come up with.

Yaris Hybrid
So this is how I see it.

First the negative: I don't trust Sony when they announce new consoles. The PS2 and PS3 announcements were full of BS, ridiculous claims about processing power (realistic water and hair, curing cancer etc), fake or highly processed screenshots and FMV passed off as game footage.

The positives: The rumours coming from developers seems to be that they prefer the PS4 over the new Xbox. Now I have owned the Xbox/PS2 and the 360/PS3 but prioritised the Microsoft consoles as the majority of games ran better with more consistent frame rates. Consistent frame rates are my main priority in gaming.

So I have no bias here. I will ignore the bullsh*t that Sony come out with and keep listening to the developers which at the moment seems to favour me focussing on the PS4 this generation although I will likely own both again. It may well be that for the first time since the PS1 I actually get a Sony console at launch.

I actually believe these units will be priced at £400 in the UK. I am quite worried though that the new generation of consoles are far further from decent spec PC's than other generations were. I just don't see these consoles lasting 8 years and it will be a tragedy for gaming if they do. With people buying bucket loads of tablets at £400 I think a home media hub that plays decent games and lasts 5 years can sell well at that price point though.

I really don't think the current model of fixed spec consoles lasting 5 to 8 years can continue. I think before long they will have to adopt something similar to the PC or IOS/Android model where faster versions are released each year and games have various graphics options to tailor it to your model.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's pretty much accepted in the gaming community that the PS4 will indeed be announced tonight.

Price of £250-300 for the console. Controller has a touchpad where the start and select buttons used to be. You can record 15 minutes of gameplay and share it to Youtube etc.

Release date of Xmas 2013 in Japan and USA, March 2014 in UK.

New controller prototype:
468px-244985-ibb.jpg

• System Memory: 8GB
  • Memory: 2.2 GB
  • CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
  • GPU: AMD R10xx
  • Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
  • Drive: Blu-Ray
  • HDD: 160GB
  • Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

Listerine & Poledo
I'm so excited I think I might actually soil myself.

Doesn't matter what price they release it at, I'm on that launch-date pre-order list.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's weird i'm not that excited. The 360 eventually pissed all over the top of the PS3 and I expect the next console to do the same aslong as they don't go too "kinetic".

Listerine & Poledo
if a new console doesn't allow people to dance like epileptic remedials in front of their TV for lolz then it's never going to come over to the ITV/The Sun brigade.

If the joypad looks like that then that's one black mark against it already for me. Ergonomic if you have the hands of a foetus but not much use for a fully grown man.

PlaystationCloud, if that's one of the announcements as we're led to believe - could well be pretty nifty...

Goliath I
I think the biggest promise both Sony and Microsoft can make for their new consoles is that they last longer than a year...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Has it been confirmed that the controller will look like that?

Not that it matters as I will buy the PS4 regardless and more than likely the new Xbox, lol.

I just want to play Forza at a decent resolution (preferably on PC tbh, but that won't happen), so I don't have to stare at individual pixels.

I know that's for Xbox, but eagerly see what the PS4 also comes out with! The next GT should be pretty impressive!