ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please give opinion

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
Mate put a deposit on a 182, body work is ok, wheels are scrathed, " recent timing belt" went to see it myself timing belt is due next month, needs rear discs and pads, oil leak somewhere underneath cant see what it is. Would you walk away, sales man is a cocky fuk aswell, he though it was every 10 year, dephaser never been changed too

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Cli...TORY-RECENT-BELT-KIT-/252481873224?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sounds iffy. If in doubt walk away, not like these are rare cars.

I'd recommend becoming a member so you can view the for sale adverts

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
£2.5k for a 182 that needs brakes all round and has never had a belt change?

Whoever buys that needs their head examined, much better cars to had for that price in the for sale section, plus you can research the history by looking at the members posts.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Nil presently.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's worth paying £12 to become a member, pretty much every car in the for sale section is cheaper than the one you posted, with belts done and comprehensive history.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
Judging from the description you've given, it's a no brainer.
There are much better examples available with both cup packs and recent belt changes (genuine ones) for much less.
I always judge my purchases based on the seller themselves, who, from the description you've given, seems anything but genuine.

Best of luck mate.
Thanks mate, told my mate to walk away, but he put a 100 quid deposit..... 3 days before i went to see it, dont know what to tell him, the sales man put me right off, he was a right ass

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tell him to walk away, losing £100 deposit is better than losing the best part of a grand trying to make the car right, tell him to pay £12 CS membership and take his pick of all the far better cars in the for sale section, he won't regret it.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
Yes tell him to leave it, it will cost him £600+ for the belts and dephaser doing.

Lots of mint cars come up on here all the time, and are well kept with good history etc, if you're a friend tell him to leave that piece of shite up the bum hole he found it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
£2.5k for a 182 that needs brakes all round and has never had a belt change?

Whoever buys that needs their head examined, much better cars to had for that price in the for sale section, plus you can research the history by looking at the members posts.
I know mate, thats why im here grabbing more opinions in order to change his mind, thanks bud

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
Yes tell him to leave it, it will cost him £600+ for the belts and dephaser doing.

Lots of mint cars come up on here all the time, and are well kept with good history etc, if you're a friend tell him to leave that piece of shite up the bum hole he found it.
Ye mate, hes not buying it now, found a beauty 1 mile from his house, 60k with genuine history, refurb alloys, ps3 all round, hes bought it, in a much better nick, 2750 quid, looks very well taken care off!!