ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help! ASAP! Pictures inside...

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Following on from http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=373869

The car is now not turning over

• Battery Appears to be okay
  • Can hear fuel pump
  • No noise of engine at all
  • Starter motor - I was told may need replaced (couple of months ago)
Me and Dean done the thing where you press the trip computer and it runs a check...

anyways this is on, anyone know what this problem might be
PB010023.gif

and this was the light that was on when the car started (circled)
speedo.gif

As much help as possible would be great!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Funnily enough was going to join RAC due to getting it cheaper via work. If I was to join... could I phone them out lol?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
So it might be the coilpack?

I thought you would hear it turnover even if it was them?

M

mini-valver

What happens with the immobilisor light? Does it go off after a few seconds when you turn the ignition on?

M

mini-valver

No, little red dot in between stop and serv. If it stays lit with the ignition on, your immobilisor has had a fit. Mine did it. Get the fault cleared and be on your way!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
No, little red dot in between stop and serv. If it stays lit with the ignition on, your immobilisor has had a fit. Mine did it. Get the fault cleared and be on your way!

Ran out and checked, that just goes off after ignition is on.

Had a quick look at haynes manual said problems could be
  • Connection of battery
  • Ignition Coils
  • Fuel Injector
  • Multi Plugs + Wiring
  • Starter Motor

www.renparts.co.uk
Its on top of the gearbox, if you look where the gearbox joins the engine you will see it.
So is it turning over?

M

mini-valver

If its not turning over at all, try another battery. If you still get nothing, I reckon you have an earth fault. Check the earth strap from box to subframe, then have a look on the starter, make sure the solenoid wire isn't earthing itself on the starter body.

BMW M135i
The ecu loom isn't being chomped through by the cover is it? Usually gives different symptoms but worth a check.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Its on top of the gearbox, if you look where the gearbox joins the engine you will see it.
So is it turning over?

Will have to look into that one, not turning over mate

If its not turning over at all, try another battery. If you still get nothing, I reckon you have an earth fault. Check the earth strap from box to subframe, then have a look on the starter, make sure the solenoid wire isn't earthing itself on the starter body.

Tried jump starting it today, lights dont seem to dim or anything. Have had a good look at the starter motor, think that was on the way out.

The ecu loom isn't being chomped through by the cover is it? Usually gives different symptoms but worth a check.

No idea, is this part of the starter motor i.e. where all the cables run?

Missed my Clio & DC2 Now
i change a ecu when this light on, renault cost me 700 lol
the ecu made error to the engine, then it always cut off when i stop before the traffic light. thats shxt

In between cars....
Remember theres a mk2 ph2 1.2 along here mate, engine was complete last i checked, the two scrappies down baldovie are pretty good as well

The furthest away as you drive towards them is the better of the two though, the guy is sound

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Just tried replacing coilleads... no luck

Im getting starter motor hopefully fitted on saturday.

Im concernd as the car has being lying for a few days now and it has been freezing, snowing etc. Anybody else think this could be a problem?

Thanks guys about ECU sounds a bit worrying but really dont know anything about this :S

Mental 172 Cup
is it spinning over at all when u turn the key to start or does it just make a click or does it do nothing?