ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POLY BUSHES

renaultsport clio 182
Hi all, need some recomendations about buying/fitting of poly bushes to my 05 rs182, been reading about these and its looking like they can prevent a lot of problems in the future including the manifold tw*ting the bay and increased tyre wear, been looking at powerflex website and they seem reasonable enough, could you fit these yourself or would i need to take these to a workshop (jms/ktec) greatful for all feedback and reccomendations/experience with bushes.:S

02 Clio Extreme
im sure most the guys on here have done it themselves. i just had my bushes all replaced, didnt go down the polybush route tho, my mechanic said there was no point unless it was gonna be a track car, he has them on his drift skyline and said it was not a comfortable ride as a daily drive.

Megane RS 250
I'd go for the dogbone purple ones, RS bushes on the front lower arms, and stock new bushes for the arb (they tell me reinforced ones could induce understeer, like fitting a bigger arb)

Black Clio GT
unless you have/will get uprated suspension i would stick with stock bushes apart from the dog bone mount as they seem to be made of french cheese and cause excessive engine movement.

340i
For the wishbone bushes you need to tac weld in some metal collars, which are provided with the powerflex kit..

The ARB bushes are a bit of a pain to get to, but not impossible! (alot easier with ramp/lift access)

The dogbone mount can be changed quite easily, just need some "brute force" to remove the OE bushes :)

I am in the process of fitting the bushes to a nice fresh set of powder coated wishbones and ARB :)

Clio 182 arctic
The dogbone mount can be changed quite easily, just need some "brute force" to remove the OE bushes :)

understatement of the century. fitted mine today, pita to get the old ones out, spent half an hour trying to remove the rubber without damaging the raised metal rim then realised this also had to be removed. t**t. lol

renaultsport clio 182
thanks for the advice guys, im eventually goin to be fitting v maxx coilovers to her, yea was defo gonna change the dogbone mount as theres a lot of engine movement, was going to uprate my engine mounts but have been told it gets unbearable after a while if using as a daily car. thanks again all help is appreciated.:approve:

340i
thanks for the advice guys, im eventually goin to be fitting v maxx coilovers to her, yea was defo gonna change the dogbone mount as theres a lot of engine movement, was going to uprate my engine mounts but have been told it gets unbearable after a while if using as a daily car. thanks again all help is appreciated.:approve:

Not at all... If fitted correctly there is hardly an extra vibration compared to OE!

The people complaning about "harsh" "unbarable" vibrations will of fitted the mounts incorrectly!

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
somebody can tell me the powerflex product code of the pruple dogbone mount

thanks ...

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Not at all... If fitted correctly there is hardly an extra vibration compared to OE!

The people complaining about "harsh" "unbarable" vibrations will of fitted the mounts incorrectly!

to be honest my car vibrates A LOT but that's due to the already lumpy idle that I had/have. I've fitted the two k-tec engine mounts along with the dogbone poly one and I'm sure they are fitted correctly.
So my advice: before fitting make sure your idle is as smooth as possible or else.. :free back massage :D
p.s: it doesn't bother me that much but there are moments when I wish it would stop!

R26
Im just about to buy all uprated mounts & bushes, could someone just clarify that these are all i need:

Powerflex Twisted Dogbone Engine Mount
Uprated Inline Type Lower Engine Mount Bushes
Main Upper Engine Mount
Upper Gearbox Mount

missing anything? If so links/names please!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
not sure what "Uprated Inline Type Lower Engine Mount Bushes" is but the three others left you can find on k-tec's website and as far as I know they're all what you need to change.
there's another engine mount between the subframe and the gearbox but that one can remain stock as it doesn't carry enough stress

340i
to be honest my car vibrates A LOT but that's due to the already lumpy idle that I had/have. I've fitted the two k-tec engine mounts along with the dogbone poly one and I'm sure they are fitted correctly.
So my advice: before fitting make sure your idle is as smooth as possible or else.. :free back massage :D
p.s: it doesn't bother me that much but there are moments when I wish it would stop!

If you losen off all the mounts, move the engine backwards and fowards, let it settle in a "natural" position.. then tighten up there should be very little vibration

silver 172, fiesta
Im just about to buy all uprated mounts & bushes, could someone just clarify that these are all i need:

Powerflex Twisted Dogbone Engine Mount
Uprated Inline Type Lower Engine Mount Bushes
Main Upper Engine Mount
Upper Gearbox Mount

missing anything? If so links/names please!

correct me if im wrong but isnt inline for ph1 ? so you need twisted one

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
If you losen off all the mounts, move the engine backwards and fowards, let it settle in a "natural" position.. then tighten up there should be very little vibration

not sure if this will sort anything but if I'll have the chance I'll give it a go. The idle is lumpier than what i've seen on other 1*2's. also the engine sits now rock-solid with all the mounts fitted (can't move it 1 mm with my hands)