ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor idle and engine judder, please help

2005 clio 182
Hi, I have owned a 182 for a year with no issues until now. About 2 months ago it started to miss fire so I put it in to get sorted turned out to be 2 injectors no 2 and 3, I also had the aux belt done then aswell. It ran perfect after that until I was driving home one day at 60 and the engine gave a slight judder, this started to happen every few metres but quickly deteriorated. The car now idles poorly and at cruising speed it will have a kangaroo effect but as soon as you get above 4-5000 revs it will run perfect, just a bit smoky and a strong smell of fuel. The problem seems to be temperamental sometimes it will run perfect on low revs but that doesn't last long until the judder comes back.

so far I have changed

coil pack
ht leads
spark plugs (ngk)
crankshaft sensor
pre cat lambda (car has full ktec de cat exhaust)
throttle body
map sensor
air temp sensor
checked injectors

any ideas would be great

thanks, Sam

Clio Williams & 182
Same here. All of the above changed except throttle body and HT leads, which I've cleaned. Compression test came back fine, 1 & 2 were a bit lower at 160ish dry tested, and 195 / 203 wet tested.

Replaced injector 4 as it failed resulting in really bad misfire, and pre-cat lambda which has helped linear power delivery but still poor idle.

Carbon cannister thing maybe?

Had the car maybe 4 weeks and it's always been the same, gets worse as it warms up or comes to a halt after driving.

Idle is maybe about 700rpm. It can kangaroo a bit as well as above.

Could minor mis-timing cause this?

Clio 182
Same here. All of the above changed except throttle body and HT leads, which I've cleaned. Compression test came back fine, 1 & 2 were a bit lower at 160ish dry tested, and 195 / 203 wet tested.

Replaced injector 4 as it failed resulting in really bad misfire, and pre-cat lambda which has helped linear power delivery but still poor idle.

Carbon cannister thing maybe?

Had the car maybe 4 weeks and it's always been the same, gets worse as it warms up or comes to a halt after driving.

Idle is maybe about 700rpm. It can kangaroo a bit as well as above.

Could minor mis-timing cause this?

Have you managed to sort this as I have the exact problem? Changed spark plugs, and gave it a service still judders like hell. Was thinking coil pack and injectors but according to this seems like that still doesn't solve the problem?