ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor posititve battery connector

I've been experiencing increasing problems with my battery, starting with a red battery light on dashboard but eventually ending up with battery dying out while driving.

It may come down to a number of things including alternator and tired battery, but I want to eliminate the possibility of poor battery connection first.

I have pictures but can't work out how to attach them to this post without linking to a URL upload, which I don't know how to do - Is there an easy way to attach my pictures?

It's a Clio Mk1 (Williams 3). The negative connector screws onto a screw thread that sits nicely on the battery. However, the positive lead of the car has three separate leads going into it but connects to the battery with a poor push on connector that doesn't sit properly.

Short term improvements (eg. some product to increase conductivity) would help, but long term solutions (eg. details of how to upgrade the positive connection to be more like negative setup) would be excellent.

182cup & 172 racecar
IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8084copy.jpg

IMG_8082copy.jpg

IMG_8079copy.jpg