ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor radio reception and other questions...

225 trophy ,clio 172
hello,
can somebody help me with some points of my clio.
here are my questions..

my radio has very bad radio reception/connection. i saw on other threads that is most of the time in the aerialbase.
ive been already been searching for like rust on the thread of the aerial but there was none.and the aerial wire was connect in the back of the radio aswell.
i not really want to wack all the plastic of to drop the headliner. so my question is how should i do it differently without f*cking up my headliner or do i still need to wack of al the plastic( rear door cards belts etc..)

my other question was in my intro but nobody replied so i try it here..
i want to change my shocks maybe for beter handling/response..
(car 172 non cup) i want to maybe order cup shocks with maybe other springs.
so my question is what are the part numbers of the cup shocks (172!) cause i live in holland ther were no 172 cup only 182 cup.
so thats why i ask this. i ve found some info of them only i dont now if its truth(info is down message.) ore maybe can someone give me his VIN of his 172 cup cause i have oppertuntity to look at dailogys. and is i truth that cup are 15% on front and 5% at the back.
and what springs should i get: cup springs(if the exist?) or i was thinking of eiback pro-kit. but wont it then be to harse like a clio 200 cup?

and my last question: do rhd recaro trendline fit lhd clio ? and has the trendline still a airbag sensor in the seat ?

hope somebody on here can help me with this. i should really aprecitead it.

kind regards,
marco

p.s. sorry for my english
supuha3a.jpg

Following for the reception issues, I have the same.

Trendlines fit in either side of the car yes, as the seat belt pre tensioner fits to the adapters not the seats. You will need to resistor the plugs for remove the airbag lights.

225 trophy ,clio 172
thanx for the reply. if you ad the resistor you turn of the airbag light but wil th airbag still work? ( ithink so) an if there is no passeger airbag will deploy no matter what?

The standard seats have airbags in.. Trendlines do not.
The dash will throw a warning light, which you fit resistors to remove. All other airbags will continue to work as they should.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Replace the full aerial, I had this In cup years ago. It's pretty straight forward. The cable runs from the roof, down the boot edge and along the sill, so you only need access to where the aerial is I regards to the roof lining

225 trophy ,clio 172
Replace the full aerial, I had this In cup years ago. It's pretty straight forward. The cable runs from the roof, down the boot edge and along the sill, so you only need access to where the aerial is I regards to the roof lining
yeah saw your message. thats why i was thinking 2 the aerial base. but what do you mean whith the full aerial like all the way to the front..? hope not? ore you mean aerial,aerialbase and lines to right side of the car to the joint point?. and why question 2 was how forinstance you replaced it like i mean deleting all plastic panels like were the seatbelts are(front) and rear quarter panels etc so you can drop the rooflining more( did this one for looking for rust) but i not really a fan of deleting plastic panels irc gaps en ratels. but i dont want to ruin the headliner 2. so to be short is there another way whithout deleting plastic and ruin te headliner.
maybe you tried it just with deleting the bootlid seal and clips?

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
I've just changed my aerial base on my 172 cup. If you want I can get you a quick video showing how to remove the base and where the connector plugs are. Obviously if you have a centre rear seat belt you'd need to work around that too.

225 trophy ,clio 172
I've just changed my aerial base on my 172 cup. If you want I can get you a quick video showing how to remove the base and where the connector plugs are. Obviously if you have a centre rear seat belt you'd need to work around that too.
thanx for the reply. but in know where the cabels are etc.. but my question is/was is there another way of deleting the aerialbase without ruinig the headliner and without deleting plastic bits(front seat belt plastic, rearquarter panel etc). and another think rode the car today and its seems that is better then before(i disconnected the aerial etc) but if its returns then i gonna replace the base. and another question did it help by your car (new base) ?

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp

My quick video. What I missed was the black connector in the C pillar- it pushes together to release not pull or twist.
thanx for the reply. but in know where the cabels are etc.. but my question is/was is there another way of deleting the aerialbase without ruinig the headliner and without deleting plastic bits(front seat belt plastic, rearquarter panel etc). and another think rode the car today and its seems that is better then before(i disconnected the aerial etc) but if its returns then i gonna replace the base. and another question did it help by your car (new base) ?
Yes a new base improved it 100%. One from a scrap yard like mine was should be cheap as chips and will verify that's your issue.

225 trophy ,clio 172

My quick video. What I missed was the black connector in the C pillar- it pushes together to release not pull or twist.

Yes a new base improved it 100%. One from a scrap yard like mine was should be cheap as chips and will verify that's your issue.

nice video but is see you are not taking any plastic off but are you then not damaging your headliner like this ? and what is that white plug i didn't knew what it did maybe you can explain what it does (shortload connector?) and btw nice car would love that in LHD:up: maybe you can help me with my other questions 2 cause you have cup i see..

225 trophy ,clio 172
since no one is replying i should say something. follow that^ video ande replace the aerialbase. i did mine and the radio perception is better. i have the part number some where around here. if someone can reply on my supspension and other things would be apricitated.