ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and bangs. Think my cat is dying.

172 Cup
When hoofing it I hear a popping noise. Sounds abit like its back firing but it isn't very loud and seems to be popping a few times, not just one bang. Usually happens around 6k rpm. Does this sound like a cat issue and the car will fail its mot test on emissions next month right?

None
Sounds like either that cat or over fuelling but im no expert :/ wish my exhuast popped etc tho and I have a de-cat!!

Clio 172 mk2
Doesn't sound like the usual overrun or when decelerating through the gears where it is common to get pops.

172 Cup
Yeah, it performs fine. With the mot test next month I think I'm just gonna try and get hold of a 172 cat cos I'd cry if it failed on emissions :dapprove:

172 Cup
Yeah but I can't really enjoy it if my car is off the road :( Gonna see if I can get a cat converter.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Mine really pops when its cold too, but when its heated up it still pops now and again.. I like it..