ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible 182 purchase but alarm bells ringing

I've found a 182 I'm interested in buying but it's advertised as being owned by a mature lady owner yet the car has been re mapped along with an rs192 exhaust and pipercross induction kit and some shocking 17inch wheels.

The car is being sold as standard but I just can't see a woman/couple in their 40s doing these mods to the car.

Possibly owned by the son or am I just looking too deep into it?

Worth arranging a viewing or should I just forget about it?

Thanks, Jack

Milage is 31k and belts have just been done according to the ad. Price is £4250 bit over priced i think.

copy and paste: clio 182 black gold 2005 into ebay. Sorry could'nt figure out how to make a link :eek:. I'm sure you will spot the wheels!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
doesnt look like an abused example. Just someone with questionable taste has owned it! Wont do any harm going for a look and a chat. I'd be aimng to knock money off though!

Yeah completly agree with you but on standard wheels which its being sold with would look quite tidy. I'll have a think about it.

Thanks for your help

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ROFFLES.

Owned by my wife but my 18 y/o chavvy son had driven it for 99% of our ownership hence it looks like a maccy d's special.

There's one on here same colour for half that price.

RB Clio 182
Looks genuine to me tbh but i wouldnt pay that, good milege and would look good with origional wheels on it.

Just go view it, see what they would accept and make sure its her name on the logbook etc.

I payed 2450 for mine a few week ago in arctic blue, 48k all belts done both cup packs full decat milltek, both keys, full service history, 11months mot and almost 6 months tax etc, bought it off a bloke in his 50s in mint condition but on a 54 plate, so i wouldnt say that one would be worth almost 2k more.

Sounds like good advice. I wasnt sure about it anyway and I know I should follow my instinct.

I'm just after a low milage example because I only do a few thousand miles a year. My 2003 1.4 is on 34k.

RB Clio 182
Sounds like good advice. I wasnt sure about it anyway and I know I should follow my instinct.

I'm just after a low milage example because I only do a few thousand miles a year. My 2003 1.4 is on 34k.

I doubt you would find one with lower milege tbh, just try get the price down somewhere between 3-3.5k and the standard wheels back on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The sad thing is, the guy clearly looks after his cars, because its in VERY good nick from the pics.

But he has dreadful taste.

RB Clio 182
The sad thing is, the guy clearly looks after his cars, because its in VERY good nick from the pics.

But he has dreadful taste.

Sums it up really, its overpriced too but remember it will come in standard form so you can ignore the awful alloys. I would see what you can get him down to as its hard to find a nice clean low milege example tbh.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
only up the road from me!!

3 miles.

With the standard alloys that would look nice. price wise though 3600 ish

S

I just think that if I can pick up a clean car with around 30k it will still be under 40k in 5 or so years time and will be quite a sort after car.

I think it's just because my 1.4 is low mileage and immacualte I just want to find a 182 in the same condition.

I'm only in Welling so not far from me either so if I did take a look and it wasn' t what i wanted at least its only 10mins away.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dont get too hung up on miles mate, i do understand your logic though, just dont get blindsided. Good luck with the search, over and out :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
He is selling it standard though ain't he?

TBH, i wouldn't be to worried, i had a chapbook his wife's Trophy in for belts one day, they turned up and were both well past retired! I couldn't believe it, must of been 70 at least and had the t from new! had done 14K from memory.

Looks a bit steep, surely V5 will tell you the owner story??

Yeah only use it at the weekend. I've had my current car 5 years and just fancy a change now, I've been sensible for too long. I don't want to spent too much on anything too new as I dont use it everyday so a 182 seems like a the way to go.

Yes he's selling it standard.

I'm not worried that the owner is more mature I'm just questioning the modifications and makes me think someone else has driven the car and modified it.

Last edited:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It looks very clean and the mileage is really low i'd say £3800 top whack defo needs standard wheels back on her it shocks me how cheap clio sports really are

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks very clean and the mileage is really low i'd say £3800 top whack defo needs standard wheels back on her it shocks me how cheap clio sports really are

Nearly £4000 for a french hatchback?? Is that cheap?!

MX5 Elise111s
Why do 50% of people who post on this forum know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I looked at 10 Clios before I bought mine and it was the second most expensive. If you want to trade cars then price is everything but if you want a car to keep buy the best you can find; it may cost you a little over the odds to start with but could save you a fortune in the long run. You can buy a 182 for £2000 and soon spend a couple of grand putting right problems with it and still have a high mileage shed.

Also why do all the 15 year olds on here assume that anyone over 50 who owns an RS Clio is simply fronting it for their teenage son or chugs around holding up queues of traffic. I am over 60 and actually still like cars and driving quickly (on track)!

RS6 C7
Why do 50% of people who post on this forum know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I looked at 10 Clios before I bought mine and it was the second most expensive. If you want to trade cars then price is everything but if you want a car to keep buy the best you can find; it may cost you a little over the odds to start with but could save you a fortune in the long run. You can buy a 182 for £2000 and soon spend a couple of grand putting right problems with it and still have a high mileage shed.

Also why do all the 15 year olds on here assume that anyone over 50 who owns an RS Clio is simply fronting it for their teenage son or chugs around holding up queues of traffic. I am over 60 and actually still like cars and driving quickly (on track)!
There are pretty much no 15 year old on here seeing as you have to be 17 to drive ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's also very easy/cheap to knock 50k off clocks or to simply change them to so always do your homework. Low mileage doesn't always been its been well cared for.

Very true Mick but theres only so much you can check. Buying second hand and privite is always gonna have some element of risk I suppose.

182cup & 172 racecar

I'm with you Ken.

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF
Very true Mick but theres only so much you can check. Buying second hand and privite is always gonna have some element of risk I suppose.

I'm putting mine up for sale Jack, if your'e looking for a Clio that will hold value look no further. :D

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Well said ken. i had one like that before had wheels strips and grills had done 38k.
I made it standard. One of the best 182 i have ever had.

Thanks Gaz but I'm after a black gold clio.

Appreciate the comments, certainly making me feel a bit better about the car.

RB 182 FF
No worries, as people have said don't be too fussy on mileage. At the end of the day these are Clio's we are talking about, anything averaging 8-10k a year is fine I would say. Well cared for cars with history are what I'd be looking for. :)

Last edited:
sj2112 you big tease:rasp:.

Cheers gaz I agree, I'll be going over the history very carefully.

I'm going to view it tomorrow so we shall see what happens. Worst case scenario its not what im after and I'll walk away.

Now got plenty of research to do!

RB 182 FF
sj2112 you big tease:rasp:.

Cheers gaz I agree, I'll be going over the history very carefully.

I'm going to view it tomorrow so we shall see what happens. Worst case scenario its not what im after and I'll walk away.

Now got plenty of research to do!

I agree with others that the Ebay advert is a bit strange but doesn't mean it's suspicious necessarily, but mature owners in their 50's mapping and modding a Clio isn't something you see everyday!lol. :)

I'm with you Ken.

Me too Tony but still the right side of 50 myself (just) , unlike the wife after the end of the year LOL

and she drives a 172 with mods

her S4 is modded (exhaust map and wheels)

in fact the only standard car is my Volvo and we have no children to front that either of us are aware of LOL