ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible knackered engine mount?

Hi guys,

Hoping someone could help me out here!

My car has been 'kangarooing' around lately at low speed/pulling away. Basically, whenever I pull away, there's always a kick just as the clutch comes up fully. If im in first gear at about 2k revs, when I let off the accelerator the car will kangaroo abit then settle. I think it may be a bad mount somewhere, which is letting the engine rock itself violently.

How would you check for a bad mount? Or could this be something different?

Cheers

Clio 138
Not a mechanic but i had a broken mount on a corsa and you could rock the engine your self by hand. Also have a look the mounts check to see if anythings split or dont look correct. Hope you sort it!

Mine does this, when pulling off increase your revs and see if stops, mine stops when I rev the car a bit higher around 3.5K. Mine seems to have stopped tho

2 bolts under the car! Easy least assuming you can get under it

fuckin hell, where have you been? haha

Sweet. Drive isnt the best for jacking up the car to high, very rough & gravel parts so the jack doesnt like it haha! Will have to see if I can find somewhere better to get under

Haha I've been about, Scooby time is fast approaching ;)

Some petrol stations (around here anyway) do under car cleaning and have concrete ramps, might be worth scouting one out if there's any near you!

Haha I've been about, Scooby time is fast approaching ;)

Some petrol stations (around here anyway) do under car cleaning and have concrete ramps, might be worth scouting one out if there's any near you!

Oooh bet your excited!

Nah nothing like that around here, just need a mate with a flat drive tbh! few & far inbetween round here though :rasp: