ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible mis-fire............ Help!!

Clio 182 Turbo
Good Afternoon,

i have a slight problem when i pull away from about 2-4k revs it stuters/hiccup, its not all the time i first noticed it friday morning at it was cold so thought it might just because it was cold but has happened a few more times since. it happens both when cold and hot. Any ideas????

Cheers

Mk5 golf gti
Lambda sensor possibly

but could be plugs check you have the correct ones in

NGK PFR6E10 spark plugs to be precise

197 Clio Sport
I have gone through this on a 172 Clio, check the ignition leads that they have not been pinched under the pelem cover heading towards the plugs. After a coil pack, 4 sets of plugs which I went through and 2 sets of magincor blue ignition leads which are a waste of money as they last less than a year and cause flashing down the side of the plugs due to the inferior connection and rubber neck on the plug to stop vibration. Get the genuine ignition leads they are expensive but they are the right thing, cheaper to change the plugs first but if someone else has a 172 or 182 you can swap leads etc to make sure but you will find that one of the two leads opposite the gearbox have been pinched when the plugs where changed. I went through so many plugs because I thought less than one year old leads could not be faulty twice.

Clio 182 Turbo
Right I have checked the plugs and they are the right ones and they look fine, HT leads look ok no pinchin or anythin, so now gunna replace the TDC sensor and then after that wil replace the coil pack?? Any more ideas??

Clio 182 Turbo
changed the tdc sensor still havin the same problem but seems to be more often now, its more at low revs!!

Clio 182 Turbo
good news i borrowed my mates 172 and i did a trial and error and found out it was the ignition leads, so all sorted!!!