ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Performance French Car Magazine feature on highly modified Clio's

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Surely a track test would be better, they all have some rough estimates on figures they are producing but track testing would show the difference between the different power deliveries

Unfortunatley not , as has already been mentioned early in the thread peoples driving abilities vary massively, on top of that people running stripped out clios with coilovers and r888 are going to be at a massive advantage on track compared to those who's cars are in road guise. Besides if this event is being organised by ourselves who's going to provide accurate timing gear?

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Surely a track test would be better, they all have some rough estimates on figures they are producing but track testing would show the difference between the different power deliveries

...and this is why this idea is all well and good, but it's pie in the sky. Nothing definitive will come from any of this as all the cars are in different trim levels, different drivers (sorry, but I'm not letting someone thrash my car around a track, I'd rather do that myself to justify the costs involved - being useless on track however would just prove what I already know: which is I'm a useless driver) so it will prove nothing and wont just be "harmless fun" as it will all just kick off again.

As mentioned above, dyno day is the best option, but again, count me out unless my expenses are covered. I already know it's quick, I'm not paying to prove it as I really could not care less.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm sure sidewaysdanny will pay for you, just to prove that your kit gives more torque than Rstunings ;)

lift number 1 @ btm
Unfortunatley not , as has already been mentioned early in the thread peoples driving abilities vary massively, on top of that people running stripped out clios with coilovers and r888 are going to be at a massive advantage on track compared to those who's cars are in road guise. Besides if this event is being organised by ourselves who's going to provide accurate timing gear?

even if i don't go to this, i'm sure there would be someone i could trust with the racelogic.

TrackCar & F30 330d
...and this is why this idea is all well and good, but it's pie in the sky. Nothing definitive will come from any of this as all the cars are in different trim levels, different drivers (sorry, but I'm not letting someone thrash my car around a track, I'd rather do that myself to justify the costs involved - being useless on track however would just prove what I already know: which is I'm a useless driver) so it will prove nothing and wont just be "harmless fun" as it will all just kick off again.

As mentioned above, dyno day is the best option, but again, count me out unless my expenses are covered. I already know it's quick, I'm not paying to prove it as I really could not care less.

Each to their own but your a bit of a party pooper!

TrackCar & F30 330d
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
3.Bazzon/Barron - High Comp ITB'd PH1
4. Adam 182 - Clio 182 supercharged
5. chrispy.clio - ITB'd 182
6.Saltyhair81 -ITB'd Cat-428

7. Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged 172 (poss high boost by summer)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
3. Barron/Bazzon - High Comp ITB'd PH1
6.Saltyhair81 -ITB'd Cat-428

;)

I'm sure sidewaysdanny will pay for you, just to prove that your kit gives more torque than Rstunings ;)

Wont that just cause more problems? I've seen exposed male arse on CS meets before (thanks for that Naith :( ), so I've no desire to see a 'measure up' lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
All of the pointless arguing has been removed, next post thats angry/argumentative/confrontational/off topic gets points. Thanks

If I can get a visit to KTEC organised so I can chat over the finer details, then I will be SC'd by a couple of months! :evil:

why not give omex a bell in cheltenham , they might give ya a bit of discount as well , they are local and have some nice charger kits available , as well as itb's etc etc , plus your parents or misses could drop the car down as its only down the road from tewkesbury and it would be ready for when you get back !!!

alien green rs133
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
6. Saltyhair81 -ITB'd Cat-428

8. Hutchie - bike boddied s1600, or ITB'd high comp ported and cam'd 172 (depends on location)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
6. Saltyhair81 -ITB'd Cat-428[/I]
8. Hutchie - bike boddied s1600, or ITB'd high comp ported and cam'd 172 (depends on location)
9. Stevieh - lightly modified Trophy ;)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Once we get a list of who's interested and where they live we can pick somewhere in a central location.

What about tour de force? as Icarus has quite a good reputation on here and he's done some great work on Kevs car?

Just a suggestion.

SQ5
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
6. Saltyhair81 -ITB'd Cat-428[/i]
9. Stevieh - lightly modified Trophy
10. DannyR - Supercharged, stripped, caged ph1

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Fine, stick me down as a maybe, depending on location. If its within not far i'll come

Wow didn't have you down as someone who'd cave into peer pressure

1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
9. Stevieh - 182 turbo
11. Kungfuspaghetti - supercharged ph1

SQ5
Rockingham would be a good location IMO, very central!

Maybe a shootout at fcs? Track with oval and easily set up a rolling road there, even if it is up or down were still all on the same dyno!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
9. Stevieh - 182 turbo
12. Kevin_172 - ph1 172 ITB in ph2 shell

1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo
2. Guppy - ITB'c Clio
9. Stevieh - 182 turbo
12. Kevin_172 - ph1 172 ITB in ph2 shell

I'll give some random prize to the winner of this.

:)

Is it Jelly Beans Matt? If so I'm there, but you have to promise to take all the coffee flavoured ones out first.

Would Brunters be expensive Fred? I dont really fancy paying a load of money for bragging rights tbh, plus why hasn't anyone mentioned the Mk1 boys?

White Evo V
Is it Jelly Beans Matt? If so I'm there, but you have to promise to take all the coffee flavoured ones out first.

Would Brunters be expensive Fred? I dont really fancy paying a load of money for bragging rights tbh, plus why hasn't anyone mentioned the Mk1 boys?

As a mag feature IMO a mk2 shootout would be better, but thats my opinion.

Imo you will struggle with numbers if its only Mk2's, but looks like there is enough charged Clio's though, so unless it's really local I wont be bothering. FCS is no good as we'll be taking the Williams

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My car says GT which could stand for "Good Turbo"*. Can I come?

*Or Gay Times.

williams 2,seat leon
Yesterday in Ben_Stevo172's project thread there was suggestion of a Boosted / ITB'd Clio "Shootout" meet.

I emailed the editor of Performance French Car magazine, as suggested, and have received the following response:

So they are interested in covering it. We may have to take the photos and do a write-up ourselves depending on whether or not they're available on the date we go ahead with it.
However, we will first need to decide on a date, time and location and get a list of attendees, their cars and specs together.

So... put your names down on the list below if you're interested in attending. Also feel free to suggest possible locations (somewhere with a long straight would be ideal, and the more corners the merrier).
Once we have a definite list of attendees and have decided on a location I'll start looking at possible dates to get it arranged. It won't be until the weather gets better that's for certain.

Can I just re-iterate that we are only looking for Clio's with ITB's, Superchargers or Turbochargers fitted. Other members are welcome to turn up on the day but won't be part of the mag feature unless they organize something amongst themselves.

1. DMS - Clio 172 Turbo

how can they be busy, fed up paying 4 quid for a sodding leaflet, ie last one was 82 pages of mostly shite. any who good luck with it. would do but id be pushing mine down the strip.

SQ5
It wouldn't be a big feature either, thats what they asked us to do at our rolling road day with 50 odd cars. Just take pictures and a write up. We did get four pages I suppose!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Would a Supercharged Vee be welcome or is it strictly for the 2.0 lot? My cars currently in the process of having the rare Trophy/Works inlet fitted with dual t/b's and i'm seriously considering having it charged before i go to france in it this summer. Should be aound 275-280bhp with the Trophy inlet and well over 300 if i do get it charged in time.

IMO, I reckon doing it at FCS would be more succesful. The magazine may even help out in that case. There might even be a rolling road there this year which would give a bhp/torque output aswell as a track time.

lift number 1 @ btm
Would a Supercharged Vee be welcome or is it strictly for the 2.0 lot? My cars currently in the process of having the rare Trophy/Works inlet fitted with dual t/b's and i'm seriously considering having it charged before i go to france in it this summer. Should be aound 275-280bhp with the Trophy inlet and well over 300 if i do get it charged in time.

IMO, I reckon doing it at FCS would be more succesful. The magazine may even help out in that case. There might even be a rolling road there this year which would give a bhp/torque output aswell as a track time.

i'm sure you'd be welcome.

if i come to this, there is a good chance Tim would bring his vee. it's currently making just over 300:approve: